My First Roe Buck back from the taxidermist.

wint

If you can remember I put a post up back in May thanking Wayne Davies for putting me onto my first Roe Buck,in fact I was so happy with the buck I asked Wayne if he could sort it out with the taxidermist he knows to do a shoulder mount for me,I left it with Wayne & got the phone call a few weeks ago to pick it up,it looks amazing.Im over the moon :D Thanks Wayne & Paul :thumb:

rsz_roe_buck_001[1].JPGrsz_roe_buck_002[2].JPGrsz_roe_buck_003[1].JPGrsz_roe_buck_004[1].JPG

Andy

Only thing i cant see is room for a nice wee brass plate for the weres and whats i think the taxi lads should do that bit as a wee bonus infact i will insist on it.

May I ask how it was stored and in what shape before being sent to the t'dmist?

also, what kind of cost?

looks great though:drool:

May I ask how it was stored and in what shape before being sent to the t'dmist?

also, what kind of cost?

looks great though:drool:

Hi PKL
I caped the buck when I got back home, and wound the cape around the head, then putting into the freezer.
(right or wrong that was the way I was shown)

I sent it on TNT next day making sure there was someone home to receive it.

It was mounted by Paul Taylor in Dorset, not sure how much Andy sorted that with Paul direct.

WD

Last edited:
Well done Andy, that's a lovely job. I agree about the brass plaque though, it should have one for your kids and grandkids, so they know the story. That Davies bloke is a useful chap to know! Mind, I think his dog is better looking ;)

ft

Back