goose's or geese

centralbeltstalker

hi,

normally guys i see lots of geese about at this time.
there is none on the fields yet and i have seen only a few skeins about.
what's the score:cool:?? am i just not seeing them :doh: how you doing....

atb f.

Was out stalking Frank and saw skean after skean i have offerd a few guys a crack at them this year as i dont know much about them but hey ill have a go for a laugh ;)

Coming over high in their thousands down the west coast 3 weeks ago. Here in Caithness we have geese on the stubble but not the numbers yet.

jimbo,

maybe thats why they where coming over last week ha ha
none Saturday Sunday or today....
was shooting this afternoon and hoped to see hear some but nothing again ...
got some land in lanark so Saturdays a hunting day ha ha

in aberdeen working next week so will chase em south

frank

Plenty going into Aberlady Bay on the Forth and a fair few into John Muir Country Park On Saturday evening- as always the came in bang over head of where I had been sitting five minutes beforehand. Still nice to watch them along with a couple of Roe does and young grazing on the salt marsh.

Over the years I have noticed that the rut and geese coincide with one another, I usually hear the first proper roar on or around Sept 15 and the geese appear in the same week, I heard the first roar early this year but never heard another one again for a fortnight/3 weeks.

The rut was late this year and so were the geese.

Apparently there are record numbers of geese in some areas this year particularly pinkfeet, I love to hear the local greylags going overhead, there's nothing quite like the sound of wild geese on the move.

guys,

i assure you that there is a shortage here... westlothian. i will be heading to the foreshore (grangemouth) this weekend and see what happens.

just nature i suppose

f.

We have had 65thou here at Montrose basin & they were early i heard geese in the first week of september & been comming in there thousands ever since amazine at nights to hear them comming in.

Back