Plucking implements

baconbutty

Has anyone tried the plucking implements that fit into a drill? Do they work or just scatter feathers as far as you can see?

Been wondering this myself. I'm just too tight to buy one in order to find out they're useless.
There's lots of stuff about pluckers on you-tube, but I didn't search for the drill mounted plucker specifically.

last year i built a whizzbang chicken plucker and have to say it is the best thing ever built can pick a chicken in 15- 20 seconds it is fantastic , have a look on you tube search for whizz bang chicken plucker ,, they really do wrk the drill pluckers send feathers everywhere

atb
65x55

I built a larger version of the drill attachment using a fridge motor with an 8 inch dia; plastic pot with 16 rubber plucking fingers fitted,I cut a large oval hole in a 40 gal; plastic barrel and fitted it over the business end, tried it on pheasant and Duck , it plucked them a treat, the problem was that it generated so much wind that feathers were every where , so I fitted the hose with the fine spray head into the barrel to damp down the feathers that worked but everything including myself got wet, and then there was the clearing up ,wet feather stuck to everything ,and this was early in the season I didn't fancy it on a cold frosty day when having to do a few brace so gave up with that ,have now got an old Comb dry plucker, atb JC.

I heard that the drill mounted ones only really work on a freshly shot bird. Apparently they are no good once it has hung a while.

last year i built a whizzbang chicken plucker and have to say it is the best thing ever built can pick a chicken in 15- 20 seconds it is fantastic , have a look on you tube search for whizz bang chicken plucker ,, they really do wrk the drill pluckers send feathers everywhere

atb
65x55

post a picture of yours id like to see it.

frank, u pair should get a room

i asked the very same question when bush wear first started selling them, general concensus was there rubbish and jist a gimmick.
If u do a search it should be easy to find, i'm not very good with that type of stuff.

hi i have posted picture of chicken plucker in gallery as i cant work out how to attach them here ,

Back