Hello fellow stalkers

cyclops

Hello All,
Ive just joined this fine directory but I have been looking at it for a while and you all seem great!

Ive been stalking for 20 years, exclusively roe but in the last two years a little red too.
I began stalking in East devon on my parent's farm with an awful Parker Hale .243 but now I've moved North to Northumberland I have a bit of land near Wooler where I shoot about 12 deer per annum with a Winchester M70 .243 and a Ruger M77 .308. I sell most of my deer to the game dealer but do cut up a few for myself and friends. Although Ive done quite a bit of stalking I'm not very well qualified with regards to DMQ. I took my BDS woodland stalkers certificate in 1993 and failed to update it to DSC1 within the deadline so I still have to take my meat hygiene course which can make selling my carcasses tricky although I know perfectly well how to prepare them properly. Does anyone know how I can just do the meat hygiene part of the DSC1 in the Northumberland/ south East scotland area or can I just take the DSC1 exam without having to take the whole course?

Cheerio

Put a thread on the general discussion section, there are reps from BASC and other organisations on here and they will be able to give you details of Game/meat hygene courses. I've seen them advertised on here before. The NGO also run courses.

ATB

Ade

Thanks for advice

Jcs,
Many thanks for advice, I've looked at the link you left and I may be as well to take the assessment for dsc1 if I can do it in a day.

Thanks again
Matt

Back