Tyres

Amhuinnsuidhe

Does anyone know of a decent off road tyre to fit 265/65/17, bfg do not appear to one in this size, Michelin do the Latitude cross, has anyone used these?

Jonathan

I just bought General Grabber AT2's in this size for my truck, every bit as good as BFG (In my opinion) and £35 a corner cheaper.

£111 a cornet at camskill.co.uk

Hi Jonathan

I have BFG All Terrains in 265/70/17 on my Navara. They cost £130 and have done 66,000 miles so far and look like they should make 90,000

Let me know if you need the contact details for the supplier

Cheers
OT

+1 for B.F.G All Terrains, quiet, predictable and long life on road with almost as much grip as Mud Terrains off road. Many of the bargain brands 'roar' on the road and I've had less than 10k miles from some cheap tyres. My A.Ts are at 30k miles and have plenty enough tread to see me through another white winter.

if you go up to a 265 70 17 it puts you in a whole different range ot tyres.

Your speedo would be out by a couple of mph and you would need to buy 4 as you centre diff will wind up slightly when in 4WD

if you go up to a 265 70 17 it puts you in a whole different range ot tyres.

Your speedo would be out by a couple of mph and you would need to buy 4 as you centre diff will wind up slightly when in 4WD

What is a centre diff? (Isuzu Trooper owner).

;)

Nothing to do with tyres but....

Found myself on a Forest Track slope with a blow out on Monday in my Freelander. Instant "What the F***". Had to change on a 30% slope. Used nearby rocks etc to wedge other three wheels and was confident I had a solid "start". Got out the 100% full kit from the wagon. Looked at the jack and thought that this was designed ONLY to work on horizontal tarmac, not rubble. Walked to find the nearest fencepost and "borrowed it". Now had a firm base to start with. Loosened the wheel nutts on the destroyed wheel with no problem popping off the cover on the locking nut. Went to the spare on the rear door and no way would the cover on the locking nut move. Tried the other three active wheels and they would all pop off, not the one on the spare.......

Tried everything I could think of to work this off including a loop of fishing line and PULL, PULL, PULL....

****, I'm going to be up here all night....

Lightbulb then went on! Hip flask with 30 year old single cask Glen Grant. Quick swill in mouth to warm up, spit on offending cover and light with a match out of one of the matchbooks I pick up on travels for free that I use as a wind indicator (don't rattle like boxes of matches).

Quick "woompf" and the cover pops off.

Simples......

Stan

What for? Guessing a Shogun pinin?

I took mine from 65's up to 70's all round with five Grabber AT2's and it was the best thing I ever did to it. thoroughly recommended.

Another for Grabber AT2's Which I fitted about for months ago.

Had road tyres on the pathfinder before and the AT2's have made a hugh difference.. However have lost about 5 miles to the gallon according to the trucks onboard computer!

Nothing to do with tyres but....

Found myself on a Forest Track slope with a blow out on Monday in my Freelander. Instant "What the F***". Had to change on a 30% slope. Used nearby rocks etc to wedge other three wheels and was confident I had a solid "start". Got out the 100% full kit from the wagon. Looked at the jack and thought that this was designed ONLY to work on horizontal tarmac, not rubble. Walked to find the nearest fencepost and "borrowed it". Now had a firm base to start with. Loosened the wheel nutts on the destroyed wheel with no problem popping off the cover on the locking nut. Went to the spare on the rear door and no way would the cover on the locking nut move. Tried the other three active wheels and they would all pop off, not the one on the spare.......

Tried everything I could think of to work this off including a loop of fishing line and PULL, PULL, PULL....

****, I'm going to be up here all night....

Lightbulb then went on! Hip flask with 30 year old single cask Glen Grant. Quick swill in mouth to warm up, spit on offending cover and light with a match out of one of the matchbooks I pick up on travels for free that I use as a wind indicator (don't rattle like boxes of matches).

Quick "woompf" and the cover pops off.

Simples......

Stan

Just as well it was not a new Freelander 2 as some dont have a spare wheel at all. Just a can of foam. Dont know how that works with a holed sidewall.

Hi Old Tikka
I would like to find out if you have had any problem with this size of tyres on your Navara.. BFG All Terrains in 265/70/17
Also can you please pass on the contact details of the supplier ......I have looked on the web & can not find the tyres £130
Thank you for any help on the above :)

Cheers Andy

Wouldnt entertain BFG all terrains again-not as an off roader-they look the part but thats about it, they clog far too quickly and dont self clean. If you want a serious off roader you cant do better than BFG mud terrains IMO. They pulled me out of some serious stuff in the snow last year whilst shifting the argo, feeding pheasants, etc. The BFG commercial traction T/A which replaced the trac edge is also a bloody good tyre, if a little less of an off roader than the muds.

Wouldnt entertain BFG all terrains again-not as an off roader-they look the part but thats about it, they clog far too quickly and dont self clean. If you want a serious off roader you cant do better than BFG mud terrains IMO. They pulled me out of some serious stuff in the snow last year whilst shifting the argo, feeding pheasants, etc. The BFG commercial traction T/A which replaced the trac edge is also a bloody good tyre, if a little less of an off roader than the muds.

Mud Terrains are the dogs danglies and you'll get plenty miles from them

Back