Thread: 2 x .270

2 x .270

can any one give me a bit of advice in a nut shell i wont two 270 on my ticket the one ive got on the ticket the now is a remmy which i got the barrel cut down to 20in to put mod on, it in a mcmillian stock lovely rifle. but ive got an old 270 mannlicher schoenauer in storeage which i would love to have back to use as a sunday best so to speak

Write an accompanying letter with the variation explaining the differences in the rifles and how they are unique in their usage, e.g. one isn't suitable for both jobs.

Previously i would have said your chances are slim, but a friend only recently got a variation for two 308s. Both open for deer and expanded bullets, both with mods and that was with Strathclyde who are notoriously picky.

very surprised with strathclyde i used to be with them and found them horrendous. im now with norther constabulary

Mannlicher, I had a problem with the bolt on my Sako last Christmas, so I applied for another deer rifle in a similar (slightly larger) calibre as I need my rifle both to protect land and crops from deer damage and cannot afford to be without one. West Mercia were absolutely fine about it, because I could prove I had a good reason for having two deer rifles. I would think you could argue the same!

They also conditioned it for fox without me asking, which was nice.

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

As stated it will depend entirlet on how the peson in the licensing depat feels or eve which side of the bed they got out of. I have 4 rifles chambered in .270 Win but was only allowed to shoot one fo them I currently have two to shoot as I am testing out the newly acquired replacement for the .280 project build. It took hourse af debate to get to this stage .

Good luck you request it simple and has merit but whether they wills ee it that way?

Good Luck!