Thread: Z6 I question

Z6 I question

I know some of you folk use Z6 scopes with the ballistic turret which I am told can be used to zero a bullet for 3 from say 100 yard ,150, to 300 for example so you dont have to change zero all the time ..except by clicking the preset turret. Might seem a daft question but could you use the same turret to zero for two different bullets?? Ie say I use pro hunters for Roe and a zero of inch high at 100 yards with for the first setting. Can I on the next setting on the turret zero it for another bullet of say 130 grain for say 150 yards? I realise the second turret marking wouldnt be good for the first bullet in the case.

Here is an interesting article on these scopes. Outdoorsman Ballistic Turret For Swarovski Scopes Review

I personally prefer the 'Christmas tree' reticle and have set it up for one bullet - Hornady 129gr SP. I like to minimise the things that can change and focus on stalking the deer and taking the shot.

Rgds JCS

Should be perfectly possible to do that, as long as the windage was the same for both bullets. You would use the first/base zero for the round which printed the highest POI, and then use the second mark for the other round which prints lower - you would adjust up to bring it to zero.

In fact you could have two zero's for each round if you think about it and work it out.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Many thanks for your replies gents and will have a look at the links, regards what you say JC , I fully agree, trouble is I use 120 Pro Hunters on Roe and Munti...superb results....just I used them once on two Sika prickett and one failed to exit though both the deer dropped like a stone. Now I know i shouldnt base my conclusions on two shots...but then again the other option is to shoot more deer and see what happens. To me that isnt a nice thing to do.....there is a poor deer on the recieving end and would break my heart to think it was possibly having an slow death. So what I opted to do was use a different bullet that would 'punch' through a Sika,Fallow or Red with no probs, ie a Nolser Partition 125 grain...hence why I am asking about the turrets...does that make sense guys?