All drivers read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Eaton

Just a reminder gents to be aware there are some total scro&ts on the road. Just went shopping this eve and a little sh*t pulled out infront of me and slammed on the brakes in order I hit him. Was well chuffed with himself as gloated about the new moped he would get and what claims he was going to get. Thing is....I recorded his gloating on my mobile :D though I am not sure if that will hold up as evidence with my insurance company. Do any of you know??? Anyway he disapeared when I called the cops, they were great and said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
So please be aware these dregs of humanity are active and looking to claim off YOU!!!
Its amazing how calm you can be as an FAC holder in such situations as dealing with scro*ts ;)

said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
QUOTE]
Very stupid thing for the police to say. If and when he reports the RTA to his insurer, all he needs is your index number and his insurer will lift all your details from the database.

My advice to you is to report this incident to your insurer immediately, inform them of your video and also state the police CAD number. If you do not have the police warrent numbers and CAD numbers, contact your station, which will put you through to the CAD room and give you these. Do not under any circumstances, forget about it, as the PC advised!

I served in Sussex including traffic so know what a can of worms this can be if you don't take it seriously. There's no harm done if he fails to report to his insurer - you can then decide whether to claim for your damage or not. But it's likely the shite will report the incident to his insurer if that was his intention, he'll have corroborating witnesses of course from his fellow shites and will suddenly require medical treatment for whiplash, etc.

All he has to state is he fled the site of the RTA because you were aggressive to him, threatened him, etc and the police will back off. The full extent of his injuries then became clear and he was too injured to report in person to the police.

Your video may prove inadmissable in court, but both his insurer and yours will start their own criminal investigations upon viewing it - if its truly as damning as you state.

Hi Scots. ...thanks for you words and take on board what you say. I forgot to add I made several calls to the police. But the yob in question kept asking who I was calling...I told him I was calling the police and when I got through to the police I made it quite clear I felt threatened by him !....hence lots of calls I cut.... until the yob was out of ear shot...when I did speak to police, I said yob got worried and was asking who are you talking too...all reported to police as I spoke ..to them.... as I said he was worrying me !...As for my index....he wasnt the brightest so maybe he did get my index maybe he didnt.....he was in in rush...his own words ....I reported the incident to my insurer within 10 mins.

Your thoughts

Ps did all the things you suggested and thanks for the advice you have already given.....

Last edited:
Just a reminder gents to be aware there are some total scro&ts on the road. Just went shopping this eve and a little sh*t pulled out infront of me and slammed on the brakes in order I hit him. Was well chuffed with himself as gloated about the new moped he would get and what claims he was going to get. Thing is....I recorded his gloating on my mobile :D though I am not sure if that will hold up as evidence with my insurance company. Do any of you know??? Anyway he disapeared when I called the cops, they were great and said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
So please be aware these dregs of humanity are active and looking to claim off YOU!!!
Its amazing how calm you can be as an FAC holder in such situations as dealing with scro*ts ;)

Yep
Been there Got the whiplash and also the ongoing neck injuries
having a trapped nerve and a ruptured cerviacal disc in your neck is no laughing matter
trust me
My poor truck:cry:
24042010004.jpg

but fortunately for me I recorded everything even the driver before he did a runner
he was eventually tracked down and charged for various driving offences
including no insurance (not even his motor)
just a shame you did not record his bike details aswell on your phone and get some details of him even if they were false
because if he does make a claim against you
you'll wish you had done more to protect yourself that just a silly vid of his gloating
and if he did state a good convincing case about fearing for his life because of your supposed actions , as that is why he fled the scene
you may not be a FAC holder for much longer
Feeling quite calm now;)
scrots like this , work scams like this on a regular basis
just hope you don't get caught out by it

seems like you got in there with a bit more info before I posted:doh:

Last edited:
H stone...no need for you slap head chap...my posting was as muddled as the scroats reasongin lol.....and that pic of yours looks a nasty collision... though bet it was low speed? ...amazing what a tonne of car will do. Re the scroat....im not sweating in the least...he can bring it on as they say. Didnt cross my mind before, but would I be correct in saying, cops didnt do a breath test on me, so must have thought Im a 'pukka guy'...............wouldnt if that why the scroat fled??? makes you think

Pete
Sorry
The slap on the head was to myself, because of my slow typing and then not checking to see if the thread had progressed before I had posted:oops:
but then that is called multi-tasking:D

Probably the reason I was a little more how would you put it.... aggressive with my post maybe

Might of been because even after such a crash as I was in, like you say
it was a slow speed (under 30mph )
Because the other fella did a runner and the whiplash took a couple of days to actually start to rear it's ugly head and then months before the other injuries were noticed
sorting out the insurance claim has been a nightmare and quite costly to myself even thou i'm fully insured ,
and even more so now it has been passed onto the MIB as they can't guarantee any compensation for the injuries or even re-imburse me of costs I hav incurred...

I suppose at the time and before it ever happened my insurance company would do all the work , but it don't work like that
Well not in my case it hasn't :eek:
so the more evidence you can gather of your own the better position you will be in when making a claim
and seems like you were heading in that direction anyway, aswell as covering your own back;)

Funny enough I was not breath tested either, best part was my only form of ID I was carrying in the motor was a copy of my FAC
seemed like that carried a lot of weight in proving how genuine a guy I was:cool:
Good luck in getting it sorted anyway
ATB

Hi Stone , I realise why yoy did the slap head lol...regarding details I told him we would exchange them whaen the police arrive as niether of us had a pen or paper, thats when he made his exit.

It will be quite easy if he try,s to claim you and you are the fault driver you are then at fault there is no question of that. If he fled the scene of an acident then he has commited an offence in its self but that will not help a fault claim against you. Driver carfully and be aware of all other driver nd road users never drive any faster than your stopping distance and always make sure you can stop in the distance you see to be clear ahaed . HAPPY MOTORING.

hi,

i may need to be corrected but its only an offence to leave the scene if someone is injured...
at the end of the day anyone whom runs when cops get called has something to hide.
any claim on you insurance at that point would then mean you loose your no claims and have to declare it for three years.

the stats for uninsured drivers is near 30% i believe so for every ten cars you pass three of em have no insurance.....

f.

When I was driving artics the lad I worked for used to give us a disposable camera.
Any accident we used to photo the signs, road, anyone in the vehicle and the damage to both parties, thought this was a good idea so now keep a disposable camera in any vehicle I own.
Saved a few claims going in, also trying to remember all the details of the accident, just look at the pictures.

If the little darling intentionally forced a collision which can be evidenced from details on your mobile phone he can be charged. Don't know if it is then automatically your fault even if you ran into him?

Just a few points here guys:

1. He has only commited the offence of fleeing the scene of an RTA if he subsequently fails to report it to the police within 24hts of the incident. I mentioned the excuse of being in fear of his own safety as its such a well known excuse that even drunks have used it successfully.

2. Ditigal media via a mobile phone (pics and vids, etc) aren't to the best of my knowledge admissable in court. Reason being that digital media from an insecure source, e.g. your phone can be altered. That's why CCTV, etc is double or even triple recorded. This rule may have changed since i left the job but i doubt it.

Lastly, the disposable camera left in the glove compartment is a very good idea. This evidence is admissable and the very first pic you should take is of the other driver. It's now common for gangs to take your car and crash it into another by vearing infront off or closing the distance between you and them and then braking hard - usually approaching junctions.
Take that pic of the driver and it will immediately be apparent if he has targetted you; he will not be a happy bunny and likely well known to police.

i think that claiming for injuries for rta, industrial accident is on the increase generally and people like this scrote know it is a easy way to make a few bucks. i do a bit of work on the periphery of this and prepare reports for court on injuries treatment costs etc. in the last year we have had lawyers cold calling the dept looking for expert witnesses to represent their clients. this hasnt happened hardly at all in the previous 10 years i've worked there. i really feel our society is getting more compensation culture based as before it was cest la vie **** happens.
good luck with this chap

1. He has only commited the offence of fleeing the scene of an RTA if he subsequently fails to report it to the police within 24hts of the incident. I mentioned the excuse of being in fear of his own safety as its such a well known excuse that even drunks have used it successfully.

2. Ditigal media via a mobile phone (pics and vids, etc) aren't to the best of my knowledge admissable in court. Reason being that digital media from an insecure source, e.g. your phone can be altered. That's why CCTV, etc is double or even triple recorded. This rule may have changed since i left the job but i doubt it.

Lastly, the disposable camera left in the glove compartment is a very good idea. This evidence is admissable and the very first pic you should take is of the other driver. It's now common for gangs to take your car and crash it into another by vearing infront off or closing the distance between you and them and then braking hard - usually approaching junctions.
Take that pic of the driver and it will immediately be apparent if he has targetted you; he will not be a happy bunny and likely well known to police.

100% correct scotsgun

Still only print, the very reason HM Forces and the Police use print film.

if Digital evidence isn't allowable, then why do Police spend money on cameras in their cars and even on individual police officers?

It's a good feeling to turn the tables on them, 44 tonnes of shiny steel beams & truck / trailer, tends to loosen the oppositions sphincter muscles a little, specially when they see the dark smoke from the stacks when you connect!:cool:, by the bye, I must get me one o' them force field flashing lights they use to enter the motorways with!

Actually, I don't think you are 100% correct however, the legislation may differ slightly South of the Border.

The lawful requirement is for the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident to provide his name, registration number of the vehicle (as it may be damaged beyond reading) and his Insurance Company details (if known) to ANY person reasonably requiring him to do so, i.e. a witness or other driver. The excuse of reporting within 24hrs is only acceptable if the driver can show that there was no-one around asking or it occurred perhaps in in such a remote location it is acceptable to leave the scene and attend at a police station to report several hours later. The accident has to be reported AS SOON AS POSSIBLE thereafter and in any case within 24hrs. Essentially there are two parts to the offence, failing to report at the time (see above for excuses) or in ANY case within 24hrs. It is a matter for the court to decide if the recording is admisable.

The fact that the driver left the scene prevented you from providing him with your details as I described however, you have acted lawfully by contacting the police and essentially making them aware of the accident. Your call has been logged on the system from your phone and is retrievable as proof you called.

As our friend suggested earlier, the incident number is also available and traceable through your phone number. Lastly, I think you will find that it is a requirement of your insurer that all accidents be reported to them regardless of whether a claim results.

As I said at the beginning, it may differ slightly in Englandshire.

It's a good feeling to turn the tables on them, 44 tonnes of shiny steel beams & truck / trailer, tends to loosen the oppositions sphincter muscles a little, specially when they see the dark smoke from the stacks when you connect!:cool:, by the bye, I must get me one o' them force field flashing lights they use to enter the motorways with!

Oh you naughty man.:rofl:

Always found the 10 spots plus the air horns used to get their attention :lol:
Oh an the 37500 ltrs of three different flammables I usually had on board
DSC01413.jpg

Jamross

Reckon your spot on with what you said. As I told my insurers I was prepared to give my details when the police arrived on the scene, this fact was if I recall recorded on my phone.I also told the police and they said that was ok and it was the rider of the bike who had left the scene and so had failed to accept my details as all he had to do was wait a few mins. My insurers were quite happy with what I told them and also said that they would like a copy of the phone recording as it can be used in court, they said all information gleaned was able to be used in court. But from what I gather it had to be on the original file from the phone as that has a date and time on it which will tie in with events. I am also led to believe digital cameras can be used but the info must be in 'raw'...whatever that is? which means it cannot be altered. Thanks for your help gents.

Back