Nomad smock advice

groach1234

Right i have finally gotten the cash together to get a decent jacket (well smock) and like the idea of a nomad smock having seen what they are capable of. Now the decision that i can't come to is if i should go for the stealth tweed or the green. I prefer the look of the stealth tweed but i feel it may be a bit too light for stalking outside of the highlands so what do you lot think. Pictured bellow are the two smocks.

IMGP2027.JPG

George

Hi, i have the olive on the right and it looks much darker than the one in the picture,good choice of smock but dont wear too much underneath!!

I have three Nomad tops and one pair of +3's... they are WAY overpriced and lack modern design and the zips leave a lot to be desired, one of which broke and had to be sent to India for replacement which took 2 months. They do what they are made for but not much more and the shiney new tweed printed matierial is so cheap to the eye and feel.
I ended up with three only due to having one away for repair and buying the hooded one i was loaned and the extra long tailed version for sitting down. £200 for a pair of +3's that don't hold their shape is a rip-off IMO.

What about looking at the Ridgeline jackets/smocks. IMO much more versatile and seem better made. Also using some Rivers West kit just now which i am really impressed with. The do plain OG as well as APG in most of their kit, could be worth looking at.

Bushwear currently have a sale on the swanndri hooded bush shirt which is currently £99. SWANNDRI So you could buy three for the same price as a nomad one!

Thanks for the advice. I went into my local RFD today to drop off a gun i had borrowed to try out and they stock Nomad. Anyway got chatting and asked what they could do on the price of one and got 20% of if i went for the stealth tweed as they had one in stock so I am now the owner of a stealth tweed smock and love it. It looks like its about to poor down so im off for a walk to test it out :D

George

Thanks for the advice. I went into my local RFD today to drop off a gun i had borrowed to try out and they stock Nomad. Anyway got chatting and asked what they could do on the price of one and got 20% of if i went for the stealth tweed as they had one in stock so I am now the owner of a stealth tweed smock and love it. It looks like its about to poor down so im off for a walk to test it out :D

George

Let us know how wet you get:D

I have an Od green one and it blends in with most environments.

Same here and have their 3 season jacket as well and a pair of pluses.

Great gear IMO Only wear the heavy jacket and the pluses when its really wet and cold as they are to bloody warm other wise.

Get for sitting up high seats in on those long winter afternoons.

Back