Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resizing new cases?

Resizing new cases?

Ive just got some new brass, ive never had new brass before so am wondering if i need to full length resize first or not? Its nosler custom.

No you should not have to resize. You can check the length just incase, but until they are fire formed they should not be over size.

Custom? what calibre?

Nosler Custom is all hand prepared brass, this why it carries a premium cost tag, I loaded all my .270 Nosler Custom & shot it without snags.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Colin, its a brand name, got a 7mm08 being built for me.. should be ready for mid Jan.. i can barely contain myself!! The brass looks top notch..

If you mic it and compare with the data in a reloading manual that will answer your question. Good luck with the new rifle.

I would be tempted to do a wee trial first with some other brass once you get the rifle. Perhaps try and get hold of 10 cases and reload them just to get a view on the fired case dimensions. You could neck some .308 cases down, or as I did for a friend recently, run an expander through some 260 Rem cases. Or, perhaps some other 7mm-08 user could give you a few?
    Rgds JCS

CHeers JCS, good idea, Bobt gave me a few 7-08 RP cases so will have a play with them, the rifle wont be ready til mid Jan anyways.. Im itching to get it!

I always resize all new brass, regardless of maker. It's one step in the Uniformity thing....~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I always resize all new brass, regardless of maker. It's one step in the Uniformity thing....~Muir
    + 1 on that.

Pointless spending money on a custom rifle and then potentially hobbling it with lack of care in reloading.
    KevinF -

also, why do you have to full length resize the first time, why cant you just neck size from the off?