New to Gralloching

pbaxter

Hi, I'm pretty new to stalking having just done my DSC1 this year. Whilst I know the best knowledge is learned in the field, I want to have a good read up - Does anyone know of/ can recommend a good concise guide to gralloching?

Have a look at the British Deer Society website;)
The best practise guide is very good and up to date.
Probably better still is the gralloch DVD as a 'picture paints a thousand words' as they say.
Are there any deer parks near you where you could maybe volunteer to be a dogsbody for a day in return for some practical gralloch demo's? Might be worth a try?
Good luck.
MS:)

The main point is to remember that the bum is connected to the mouth by a load of squiggley bits.

You need to get those squiggley bits out.

They smell if you cut into them.

Should about cover it, failing which those best practice guides are good but nothing beats an experienced stalker showing you a few times and then practice.

Don't worry if your first few are a bit rough and r eady, all of ours were, just concentrate on doing a better and neater job each time and you'll have it. ;)

PB, if you wanted to acoompany me on a stalk (im no expert) and watch/do the gralloch, then get in touch, if your in Ripon, it should be easy enough to organise.

Back