National Pride

Max

A mate of mine in Alabama sent me this clip and it really got to me.

The sence of pride that Oliver North has in his voice when talking about the US Marines in the middle east made me feel proud of them but also very proud of our troops.

But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT, or have I missed something. Where is our national pride :confused:

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.HTML

Max

But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT,

Because we don't have an NRA like the americans, that has the political clout that the americans NRA has, we don't have the same grasp of the theatrical as the americans, we don't have the same quality public speakers as the americans, and we don't have the same political system as the americans, we don't have the same quality of speak writers that the americans have and we nevr suffered a 9-11 like the americans.

The americans are far more gung ho about their military, and its operations. They do have more of them out there. and sadly it is a far bigger political issue then we have here in the UK.

Because we don't have an NRA like the americans, that has the political clout that the americans NRA has, we don't have the same grasp of the theatrical as the americans, we don't have the same quality public speakers as the americans, and we don't have the same political system as the americans, we don't have the same quality of speak writers that the americans have and we nevr suffered a 9-11 like the americans.

The americans are far more gung ho about their military, and its operations. They do have more of them out there. and sadly it is a far bigger political issue then we have here in the UK.

Lt Col North doesn't have speech writers. He spends most of his time in hot combat zones as a combat correspondent. Even to this day at age 67 years.

You definitely don't have the NRA, though you should the way you folks get pushed around with regard to firearms.

You definitely don't have the same political system, which is a shame.

We do have a lot of military operations, always have. There was a big one back in your neck of the woods in the early 1940's if I remember right. We also have a lot of humanitarian efforts going on all the time. Tsunamis, hurricanes, Somali pirates... funny how the US manages to spent tens of millions of tax payers dollars -usually with the tax payers nodding acceptance of need- before anyone else manages to get a ship out of port. Gung-ho? You bet. ~Muir

Lt Col North doesn't have speech writers. He spends most of his time in hot combat zones as a combat correspondent. Even to this day at age 67 years.

We do have a lot of military operations, always have. There was a big one back in your neck of the woods in the early 1940's if I remember right.

No need for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Allman,

I have noticed that in one or two of your previous posts you have been controversial even antagonistic and here you go again. Now I do not wish to get into a debate over this, so take it as a warning, watch your mouth. I personally find your remarks quite offencive and I was going to to leave it at giving you a warning, but on reflection you are banned.

John

:banned:
Allman,

I have noticed that in one or two of your previous posts you have been controversial even antagonistic and here you go again. Now I do not wish to get into a debate over this, so take it as a warning, watch your mouth. I personally find your remarks quite offencive and I was going to to leave it at giving you a warning, but on reflection you are banned.

John

The sence of pride that Oliver North has in his voice when talking about the US Marines in the middle east made me feel proud of them but also very proud of our troops.

But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT, or have I missed something. Where is our national pride :confused:

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.HTML

Max

Max..

Something close to my heart this one ,and i could go on forever on this,put loads of links up etc.

This however would undoubtedly turn into a slanging match in no time so ill refrain from airing my patriotic views..

Especially as they arent stalking related...

Our National pride i assure you is as strong as ever, and none more so than the families whose girls and boys, friends and relatives are serving overseas..

Our government however ... :doh: :banghead:

Max

Max

To return to the original email.

If you heard one of our politicians come out with something similar, why would you believe them? Is there a member of the current cabinet or shadow cabinet who has served in our armed forces? Other than Iain Duncan-Smith I can't think of any. Our politicians commitment to our armed forces over the last 20 years has been shameful.

That said, why compare Oliver North to one of our politicians? In his own words he's a "combat decorated marine, a #1 best-selling author, the founder of a small business, an inventor with three U.S. patents, a syndicated columnist, and the host of War Stories on the Fox News Channel". As well as this he does some very admirable charitable work. Great, but he's not a politician, so let's not compare him to one.

Having watched the video I can't say I'm a fan of this emotional style of speech. Think about it this way. Can you see Michael Boyce, Michael Walker or Jock Stirrup coming out with something similar? Nope, me neither.

But let's not be too down on ourselves.....in the UK we've got Bryn Parry :tiphat:

willie_gunn

Max, perhaps we're not quite as demonstrative as some, but I can assure you there was a fair bit of National Pride and support for our troops when 15000+ bikers showed their feelings on this day:-
BBC News - Bikers join ride in tribute to Wootton Bassett
I know, my wife and I had the privilege of being there.
Pete.

PS1 and downwind seem to be the only one's to get the point :doh:
I did not and do not compare Oliver North to any of our politicians, I know exactly what his career was and is. I maybe from Norfolk but thick I aint :rolleyes:

I do not doubt the national pride of most/all people on this site or indeed a lot of people around the country, what I am saying is, I dont see top people in any walk of life in this country shouting our pride from the roof tops. Dare we be British and proud of it :eek:

As for the British stiff "upper lip" W_G, I think it would be refreshing to see just some emotion once in a while from the people who get the attention of the media regarding our troops, but only if it comes from the heart.

The Wooton Basset ride was very comenbable downwind and being a Harley rider of 30 odd years would have liked to have been there, but sadly was not to be.

I dont want labour this post it was j
ust MY point of veiw after watching the video clip. Maybe Im just too emotional :cry::cry:

No offence ment folks

Max

The Wooton Basset ride was very comenbable downwind and being a Harley rider of 30 odd years would have liked to have been there, but sadly was not to be.

No offence ment folks

Max
Max don't worry about not being there--- the HD riders were well represented on the day and many a leather -clad biker shed a tear that day when they saw the reception that the good folks of Wootton Basset gave us.

No offence taken I can assure you!
Pete.

Max,
I couldn't listen to your link as my sound card driver has had a bit of an 'episode', but i reckon I could hazzard a guess at what the man said. Our American cousins are very verbose in most things in life compared to us 'stiff upper lipped' British types which makes neither of us bad people. In fact our alliance is very strong where we rely on their equipment, and they rely on our political support, as we have no equipment for them to rely on!
Our troops don't expect our politicians to shout from the rooftops, as they generally have little respect for them anyway.
What they do rely on is public support which is now constant and consistant. That is worth far more than the comments of any politician. Wooten Bassett is a prime examlpe of this.
American troops manage to sing whilst they are running. British troops can't do that as they train harder to fight easier and oxygen used to sing is quite frankly wasted!
British troops have a reputation as being the best in the world. They constantly prove this in their actions and do not require a political mouthpiece to remind everyone of this fact.
As long as they know the public is behind them, they will continue in their task to the best of their ability.
Noisy politicians will probably just annoy them!;)
MS:)

Max,
I couldn't listen to your link as my sound card driver has had a bit of an 'episode', but i reckon I could hazzard a guess at what the man said. Our American cousins are very verbose in most things in life compared to us 'stiff upper lipped' British types which makes neither of us bad people. In fact our alliance is very strong where we rely on their equipment, and they rely on our political support, as we have no equipment for them to rely on!
Our troops don't expect our politicians to shout from the rooftops, as they generally have little respect for them anyway.
What they do rely on is public support which is now constant and consistant. That is worth far more than the comments of any politician. Wooten Bassett is a prime examlpe of this.
American troops manage to sing whilst they are running. British troops can't do that as they train harder to fight easier and oxygen used to sing is quite frankly wasted!
British troops have a reputation as being the best in the world. They constantly prove this in their actions and do not require a political mouthpiece to remind everyone of this fact.
As long as they know the public is behind them, they will continue in their task to the best of their ability.
Noisy politicians will probably just annoy them!;)
MS:)

No.... they are just in good enough shape that they can sing. :lol:
Unlike their winded British comrades....:p~Muir

how has this got anything to do with stalking :?:
You will find that on the SD there is a strong sense of support for our troops, both past and present.
You will also see there is a H4H section which raises quite a lot of money through the generosity of STALKING Directory members. So if we sometimes go slightly off-topic, there's generally a connection and if it gets out of hand we have an excellent admin. team who will soon intervene.:-|
Cheers, Pete.

how has this got anything to do with stalking :?:

It doesn't, but I have come to notice that the "relevance" rule is applied very arbitrarily hereabouts and our brave boys and girls in the forces is one topic which usually gets a dispensation.

That's just the way it is.

..and before anyone slags me off for saying the above. We, that is to say, my wife who is a nurse and attends to the rehab of many wounded soldiers and myself, who has many friends in the forces, both serving and retired, don't really have any problem with such off topic chat. I do have a certain dislike of being shot down by those twits who think they are morally superior though... and that's just the way that is too :D

Last edited:
No.... they are just in good enough shape that they can sing. :lol:
Unlike their winded British comrades....:p~Muir

You might be advised to explain that this comment is very " toung in cheek" as well as just a we bit BLOODY CHEEKY!

Barry

Back