St Huberts Club, Can Anyone help me findout a little more information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to chase down more info using the contact details on the website and not even had a reply. If you get anywhere I'll be interested to hear about it!

I chatted with someone on their stand at CLA 2010 the story I was told was that eastern european "mainly" Polish hunters were stranded in the UK after WWII and found their way of hunting was not represented here (deer shot with shotguns etc) so the club was founded to hold their culture together.
But there are none of the originals left now and it is more or less an exclusive club for stalkers.
If it is a bad exclusive or a good one I do not know from personal experience.
Just what I know about them.
St Hubertus was in AD743 so the legend goes. I was at our Hubertus festival yesterday evening, it was a church service with the nornal villagers also present church was decked out with xmas trees & a rack with a dead roe and hare to represent the hunters quarry was carried by 4 hunters to the altar and our hunting horn group blew various signals during the service plus a choir sung.
Afterwards 110 people into a pub for food and beer and music till midnight.
Hubertus is a big thing on mainland Europe still.
Martin

Hi All
have been doing other things and not visited the forun for a while, any of you wanting help with the club, please PM me and I will give you any info that I can.
Peter

Not an exclusive club at all I've been a member for 25 years, I'm a TV engineer who now installs comms for the Ambulance service, just an ordinary guy like many in the club, have acess to thousands of acres for a yearly fee you'll pay at a restaurant for a meal. Some people slag the club for their own reasons mostly out of ignorance of what goes on during club activities or pure jealousy of not having access to prime stalking at Thetford and Kielder once you gone thro the training, finnbear return your sentiment, Having attended a recent interview with someone we both found it pleasant and lighthearted, glad I'm a member and those that slag off are not. deerwarden:stir:

To those of you who read my last post on joining the club, I apologise for the delay in contacting you in reply to your PMs. The reason is that the club has just has its AGM and appointed a new membership secretary and I am advised that those of you who wish to join or investigate joining but who have no friends within the club to propose them, should firstly contact the membership secretary in writing and he will take it from there.
He is Nick Kirkland, 31 Micklehome Drive, Alrewas, Burton on trent, Staffs DE137AT.
I will try and pm you all but there is rather a lot of you so please be patient with me.

Peter

Not an exclusive club at all I've been a member for 25 years, I'm a TV engineer who now installs comms for the Ambulance service, just an ordinary guy like many in the club, have acess to thousands of acres for a yearly fee you'll pay at a restaurant for a meal. Some people slag the club for their own reasons mostly out of ignorance of what goes on during club activities or pure jealousy of not having access to prime stalking at Thetford and Kielder once you gone thro the training, finnbear return your sentiment, Having attended a recent interview with someone we both found it pleasant and lighthearted, glad I'm a member and those that slag off are not. deerwarden:stir:
Those that I know who are members speak very highly of their fellow club members. Anyone that I have meet who ha been less complimentary has always turned out to be someone on the outside looking in with their tongues hanging out and have a green tinge to their face.

A query for Peter Colman
As this was my original post trying to find out a little more information about St Huberts which was hijacked somewhat by other stalkers also interested in joining St Huberts
Peter you previously commented
I will try and pm you all but there is rather a lot of you so please be patient with me.
Do I assume from this that I am now behind a rather lot of potential members as you emailed the secratarys address on the website.
Would you so kind and confirm to me where I actually are with regard to potentialy joining St Huberts
Kind Regards
Ian

A query for Peter Colman
As this was my original post trying to find out a little more information about St Huberts which was hijacked somewhat by other stalkers also interested in joining St Huberts
Peter you previously commented
Do I assume from this that I am now behind a rather lot of potential members as you emailed the secratarys address on the website.
Would you so kind and confirm to me where I actually are with regard to potentialy joining St Huberts
Kind Regards
Ian

bloody glad ive already had my interview !:D

Respectfully, please be aware that the club is not just about cheap stalking, although this is one of the benefits to its members.
Its a club that offers the chance to meet like minded people from all walks of life from plumbers to plasterers and teachers to bankers if you get my drift.
I have made some fantastic friends over the years, who I certainly would not have met without the St Hubert Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back