7mm-08 load data

pierred

looking for some load data or pet loads for the above using hornady 139grn interlock or interbond please gents,the load will be used for deer,got a new gun being built and would like to be ready to rock and roll.

Get some varget and you will be ready to go. My first 7-08 loved 40.5gr and my current rifle loves 43.5gr.

good luck with a great calibre.

Yup I had some N140 left over from my .243. It shoots well but doesn't "feel" nice in the shoulder compared to varget. You really know a nice load when you feel it. I can clover leaf with the N140 but I hate it. Varget shoots different and pushes instead of kicks even without my mod on.

Varget is very temp tolerant, I shoot in the peak district. So need a load that will shoot the same all year round. We had snot today and varget is my go too powder for my 7-08 and my 6mmbr.

If you shoot the 162gr A-max then the RL17 may perform. My intensive research on this powder shows that is performs better on the heavy for calibre bullets. The pressure signs take longer to show. Hower on the lighter bullets it does not yeald results.

If your up Derbyshire you are more than welcome to pop in and we can try some loads up at Calton Moor range as its a mile up the road.

I find that Viht 140 works VERY well in my Sako 75 7mmo8, 41.3 gns for a 140gn bullet does the trick. You can download the Vihtavuori data free from the net and I also find the 'The Complete Reloading Manual for the 7mm08 Remington' from Loadbooks to be a useful source of reference.

Yup I had some N140 left over from my .243. It shoots well but doesn't "feel" nice in the shoulder compared to varget. You really know a nice load when you feel it. I can clover leaf with the N140 but I hate it. Varget shoots different and pushes instead of kicks even without my mod on.

Varget is very temp tolerant, I shoot in the peak district. So need a load that will shoot the same all year round. We had snot today and varget is my go too powder for my 7-08 and my 6mmbr.

If you shoot the 162gr A-max then the RL17 may perform. My intensive research on this powder shows that is performs better on the heavy for calibre bullets. The pressure signs take longer to show. Hower on the lighter bullets it does not yeald results.

If your up Derbyshire you are more than welcome to pop in and we can try some loads up at Calton Moor range as its a mile up the road.

Thanks for the offer scotch egg should have the rifle back from the builder in 2-3 weeks when its done maybe we could hook up and get my new toy up and running.I will pm you a contact number.

Back