bow hunting in the uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 150%

bow hunting was not made illegal in the uk but bows were taken off the list of approved weapons by the home office.
using a bow 55lb to 70lb to hunt deer and other game I use a compound bow it is pin point accurate ( i go to other countries for this) it is very humane. most game is shot at quite close range so no mistaking identification of animals .Using a broad head point the arrow passes right through the animal causing massive haemorrage and death. If an animal has started to move you would not chance a shot it must be in the right position for the shot or you don,t shoot.As for it being bad news for deer in the uk if it was made legal it would be governed by the british bow hunters association , and you would have to sit an exam and pass before you could hunt and be proficent with a bow.It is the same in all legal countries around the world.
I have hunted game with rifles of legal caliber and even shot through the heart a deer can still run up to a 120 yards or so before droping same with a bow. In my view a bow in the hands of a trained shooter is just as humane as a rifle.

I don't think there is any need to resurrect yet another bow hunting thread, particularly as one is already running.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back