Thread: insurance

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed before but i couldn't find the post.
    i'm looking for shooting/stalking insurance. i am a member of the bds so i don't really want to join BASC (besides i got fed up with there attitude a few years ago).
    at present i dont have any insurance but i need to find some. can any of you recomend an insurer.

BDS do a stalkers insurance package - it's worth having a look at their website (under the Training tab).

try the NGO, national gamekeepers organisation.

Try the Scottish Association for Country Sports................Martin.

i have been with the CPSA for past couple of yrs the hunting/shooting insurance cost 28 per/yr i believe .

it gives you up to 5 millon cover which incorperates all hunting/shooting needs but nothing on horse back. i was thinking of changing to NGA or simular (not BASC).

can members post how much they are paying for their cover and what it gives them........neil

i think my friend pays about 18 quid with NGO for i think about the same as BASC, i had already renewed my membership so next year 18 quid seems better than 65. will have to look into it a bit more.

the ngo is 25 as a surporter member,not sure for a keeper member.

The NGO have put theres up to 30 now and increased the insurance to 10 million as well .I received my notification this morning of direct debit they will be taking the end of the month , still cheaper than BASC MUDDY

i hav both BASC and BDS
    BASC because it is part of the conditions of the club i am associated with
    'Heart of England Wildfowlers'
    and BDS because i had to join to do my DSC1 with them and never cancelled probaly never will

Hi All,

There are lots of options out there so you have loads of choice. Buy what is best for you- all the shooting associations offer insurance, see what else they offer as well.

Before you buy - get hold of a copy of the insurance policy so you know exactly what you are buying-

Best wishes