BDS Notifiable Diseases Booklet

GarethW

Hi,

I have been told that the BDS do a booklet with photos / pictures of signs of notifiable diseases. I've looked on their site and google'd it but am having no luck in finding a copy.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of one?

Thanks

Hi,

I have been told that the BDS do a booklet with photos / pictures of signs of notifiable diseases. I've looked on their site and google'd it but am having no luck in finding a copy.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of one?

Thanks

Gareth

I think you must be talking about the small plastic folder (about 6"x4") containing 8 laminated cards as follows:

1. Deer Disease Identification
2. Tape Worm
3. Tick-borne and other diseases
4. Deer warble fly larvae
5. Tuberculosis
6. Liver fluke
7. Lung worm
8. Nasal bot fly larvae

The green plastic folder has the BDS logo and, in my version, on the back of the cards it says that they are "A British Deer Society Education and Training Publication", but I think you'll find it's now published by the Deer Study & Resource Centre: http://www.deerstudy.com/mall/productpage.cfm/DeerStudy/DM7/65122

With the availability of the Best Practice Guides I'd think you could make up your own pretty easily.

willie_gunn

Gareth

I think you must be talking about the small plastic folder (about 6"x4") containing 8 laminated cards as follows:

1. Deer Disease Identification
2. Tape Worm
3. Tick-borne and other diseases
4. Deer warble fly larvae
5. Tuberculosis
6. Liver fluke
7. Lung worm
8. Nasal bot fly larvae

The green plastic folder has the BDS logo and, in my version, on the back of the cards it says that they are "A British Deer Society Education and Training Publication", but I think you'll find it's now published by the Deer Study & Resource Centre: http://www.deerstudy.com/mall/productpage.cfm/DeerStudy/DM7/65122

With the availability of the Best Practice Guides I'd think you could make up your own pretty easily.

willie_gunn

Thank you, I think that is what I was referring to.

I have spoken to a very nice lady at the Deer Study centre.

They are still up and running.
They are having problems with the pay pal side of ordering.

If you just ring them ( leave them a message if nobody there, they are a charity and run by volenteers and only open a few days a week ), they will get back to you!!!

Just ordered a booklet off them and the postage is cheaper if you order over the phone.

They have a lot of resource packages and booklets.
My wife is a teacher and I think they will be a very useful contact for any body doing any sort of talk etc on UK deer.

Jonathon

No, but I did see that their most recent Christmas cards were from 2008!

willie_gunn

I'm still using 2008 Xmas cards, not my fault you can only buy them in bulk packs of ten, who has ten friends for God's sake. If I had friends I wouldn't be on here twice a day!! JC

Back