Firstly, I would like thank the site admins for putting together an interesting an informative site with what appears to be a (welcomed) lack of trolling and/or blatant douchebaggery. I am looking forward to being a part of the site and will hopefully get to know a few of you in the future.

As for a bit about me; I was born and raised in Canada, currently living in Ireland and am likely moving to the UK in the next year. I was taken aback by the degree of red-tape/bureaucracy involved in firearms acquisition on this side of the pond (leaving it much too late here in Ireland), so I am trying to get a leg up on the process (i.e. FAC) before I move to the UK so any help is much appreciated. Experience wise, the majority of my family hunts so I have been around guns and hunting for virtually all my life sadly never getting to do enough as I wish I could (who does?). I have been fairly engrossed in uni/grad school over the past few years, but have gone back home every year to accompany my brother on his annual hunts for dall sheep, mountain caribou, moose, etc. While I have done a bunch of wing shooting and fired a variety of rifles/calibres, I have never been the one to take the shot on the aforementioned hunts. Accordingly, I am very keen to get into stalking in the UK, partake in some of the BASC courses (i.e. DSC etc.) and to enjoy as much of the country as I can.

The stalking scene here is a whole different ball-of-wax from back home, so I am looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as human(e)ly possible and this site appears to be a great place to do that!