Priv Partizan Ammunition In Worcestershire (or near by)

flytie

Dear all, does anyone know if any gunshops stock Privi ammunition in and around Worcestershire? I want some .308 soft point.

Many thanks, ft

I got looked at like I was a alien when I asked for it in my local (Grahams ans Co), they claimed never to have heard if it, unfortunatley GGregor at Tain, (My next local) doesn't supply it either, so Federals it was at 3 times the price....

Do Gilsan Sports in Ritchmond do them I wonder?

TJ

Tartinjock, many thanks for the thought but Henry Krank, who import them, are about 3hours away from me. Gilsan in Richmond (North Yorks), is about 4 hours away. I think i will try Worcestershire first ;)

ft

Last edited:
Flytie, just a thought mate have you ask your Local RFD if he would allow you to have them sent to him????? You could pay say Henry Krank then get them posted to your RFD to collect and put on your ticket????? or send your ticket to where ever then get your ticket and ammo again posted to your Local RFD. GOOD LUCK

Flytie, just a thought mate have you ask your Local RFD if he would allow you to have them sent to him????? You could pay say Henry Krank then get them posted to your RFD to collect and put on your ticket????? or send your ticket to where ever then get your ticket and ammo again posted to your Local RFD. GOOD LUCK
Stalkerboydy, I am interested in having some Privi's to try out my new (to me) .308, I am also told that the brass is not half bad. Which means that buying loaded ammo is cheaper than buying Lapua/Norma/Winchester brass.

I can buy 100, .308, 150gn sp's in Hereford for £45.00. It will cost me £20.00 to get them couriered from Kranks, it will only cost me a tenner to go and pick them up. If I can find some in south Worcs it will make the job even more affordable.

But thanks for your kind thought.

Atb, ft

I give my order to my local RFD, he sends it off to Krankey, they are then couriered to him for £8.
My RFD doesn't charge me to put them on my ticket. He obviously gets them trade and sells them to me for 'a little over trade price' and we are both happy.

I give my order to my local RFD, he sends it off to Krankey, they are then couriered to him for £8.
My RFD doesn't charge me to put them on my ticket. He obviously gets them trade and sells them to me for 'a little over trade price' and we are both happy.

EMcC, I will give it a try, thank you for your advice.

ft

Hi FT,have you tried bromsgrove shooting supplies,Roger had some in 30-06 a few months back may be worth a ring & only around 1/2 hour drive from you
Andy

Hi FT,have you tried bromsgrove shooting supplies,Roger had some in 30-06 a few months back may be worth a ring & only around 1/2 hour drive from you
Andy

Andy, he was my first call. They had Norma 150gn BT's @ £1.80/bang, he really wanted me to buy these! When I baulked at paying that much he offered me Federal Powershok 150gn @ £1.40/bang. Now as this calibre is not my main squeeze, and the reloading dies etc. are coming for Christmas, I did not fancy paying quite as much as he quoted, for setting up the scope and doing a little shooting.

I cannot get over paying £45.00/100 for loaded ammunition, when just brass from most manufacturers is more expensive. Even if it does not last for quite as long as the Lapua I bought for my 6.5, it will still be good value.

ft

FT

I have used 100gr in my .243 T3 varmint and the 180gr in my T3 lite 30-06, if I do my bit with them they will sub 1". have heard a few horror stories about them but I PM'd John at yorkshire roe stalking as he uses them in his 6.5x55. Good controlled expansion and penertration. He does not reload for the 6.5x55 any more.

Can't get a better recomendation than that.

Jonathon

Shooting supplies is very expensive on the ammo front full stop.

i agree there not the cheapest around and there primers and other reloading bits are not the best prices to. but they do have a good amount of stock compared to other gunshops in worcestershire.

have you tryed andrew banner at uk custom shop. as he does privi ammo. dont no if he got 308 but you could ask it might save you a trip to hereford.

i do get most of my stuff from tony at hereford and he will give you some good deals. he has given me some money off bullets and powders. even took rifles for me at a good price.

and best of all he is a nice honest guy and i have a lot of time for tony. im allways over that way shame i dont have 308 on ticket as i would bring them back for you and save you a trip flytie

i agree there not the cheapest around and there primers and other reloading bits are not the best prices to. but they do have a good amount of stock compared to other gunshops in worcestershire.

have you tryed andrew banner at uk custom shop. as he does privi ammo. dont no if he got 308 but you could ask it might save you a trip to hereford.

i do get most of my stuff from tony at hereford and he will give you some good deals. he has given me some money off bullets and powders. even took rifles for me at a good price.

and best of all he is a nice honest guy and i have a lot of time for tony. im allways over that way shame i dont have 308 on ticket as i would bring them back for you and save you a trip flytie

Jay, I rang Mr Banner and he did not have any in stock at the time. I got some from Severnside Arms (in Upton) in the end. I will bear Tony from Hereford in mind though, he sounds a useful man to know, and i do get out that way occassionally. I do agree about Roger, he does carry a good stock, but is pricey.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, they are much appreciated!

ft

Back