Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How common are roe triplets?

How common are roe triplets?

Right was out on the shoot on my farm on saturday and there was a doe who had triplets? is this a common or a rare occurrence? all the same it was very nice to see.

Got my first triplets on my patch this year and they are the first I've seen. Heard of a few more tho over the years in various parts.

Well I first saw triplets about 5 years ago but this year I've seen two different familys with triplets . Like you it's nice to see the roe are doing well.

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    Exceptionally rare I would say but not unknown.
    In all honesty in all the years I have been stalking i have never come across tripletts.
    Your very fortunate to have witnessed such an occurance.

We get them quite regular on our patch,got one last year who had three doe kids with her,and was pregnant with triplets!!I see we have another this year with 1 doe and 2 buck kids,the central belt has loads of winter crops,which I think keeps them in good nick,which I think increases the chances?mabye someone will give a more indepth reason.

We had this thread a short while back.

I have a doe with triplets on my land, infact i had them 50yds from me this morning great to see. DF

I know this has been discussed before but it's interesting to hear how widespread this is.
    I've only ever seen one set of triplets in 20+years of stalking. It raises what may be an interesting question which I'll put in another thread(rather than risk hi-jacking this one)

Saw a doe last year with surviving triplets and the same again this year we find triplets ln does most winters but l figure the survival rate is quite low.

I had 3 sets last year. It seems to be quite common in Suffolk now.