Thread: Replacement composite stock for Mannlicher pro hunter 2 (25.06)

Replacement composite stock for Mannlicher pro hunter 2 (25.06)

If anyone has a stock kicking about for a pro hunter 2 my pal fell on his and snapped it tonight and needs a replacement.

there was one on the guntrader A MKI, so you may have to reinforce the forstock and it needs the rear but pad too.

but its cheap.

i think they are called eurooptics google them they had some new ones verry cheap

Thank you for the tips. It was me that clumsily fell and broke my stock. It is a clean break, at the rear end of the trigger mechanism on the left side and at the forward end / trigger guard on the right, with a significant surface area that might glue. Has anyone tried glueing a composite stock back together? What glue is appropriate? Just a thought, otherwise it is a replacement required.

Jenni2506 - I talked to Gary Lamburn at the Sportsman about Pro-Hunter stocks and I am fairly sure for a hefty fee he could source a new stock for you. When my .308 stock broke, I claimed the replacement on the house insurance and got Cromarty Guns to make a new stock. It took a while and wasn't cheap and I had to pay the excess, but it's a better stock than the original.

Rgds JCS

JCS - thank you. Intend to phone Sportsman tomorrow for a quote. Synthetic stock worked well for me but does not like 14 stone falling on it!

A pal of mine had the Mk 1 stock, it was replaced by importer ? Sportsman Gun Centre ? for only 70 exchange, I think its a known issue the Mk 1 was crap and they held their hands up to it, worth a punt. IMO
    cheers FlyBoy270
    Last edited by FlyBoy270; 26-11-2010 at 15:14. Reason: it was not GMK, but Sportsman Gun Centre

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Might be worth a PM to Jimbo123p, he is thinking of putting a wooden stock on his Prohunter Mk2.

Click Below.

>>Swap my Stock for a wooden one<<

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position