Snow!

Danger Mouse

We woke up to the first snow of the season this morning and whilst it was just a dusting I was pleased to see it, then I drove to Whitby! :eek: Snow every where and lots of it too, some roads were only passable with extreme care and it was picture postcard stuff. When I arrived in Whitby the fields we all green, the North Yorkshire Moors had got it all. The good thing is that the ferns in the woods will get hammered by it and make hunting a lot easier. :D

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Photo's taken on my way back and the roads were a lot better by then, it was a right roller coaster ride 4 hours earlier.

My mum was travelling back from whitby to the vale of york this morning as said it was an awful drive. I am looking forward to a bit of the white stuff as its so atmospheric.

George

Last edited:
Its been snowing here for the last 3 days, there was 45cm over the road up to my place and that was after i was out with the tractor yesterday evening.
I was hunting down in southern Sweden today and it had snowed over night so only about 8cm there.
Its going to be down to -14 over the weekend so the weather people say. That should make pheasant shooting interesting on Saturday.

whos a naughty boy then whats that in your front window last time I saw you you did not look like you needed one or is it for the deer after attemps to shoot one:stir::rofl: nice pic though

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of that driving over the wolds this evening.
Off to Perth next week after hinds so looking forward to it in the snow.

Wills

Hay wills we will see a lot of that are you stopping at annandale services about lunch time we will be there expect 1-30ish on our way to glen lyon.

Hay wills we will see a lot of that are you stopping at annandale services about lunch time we will be there expect 1-30ish on our way to glen lyon.

Well Im heading up on the Sunday, so if your about.

I have got a cottage near Dunkeld

whos a naughty boy then whats that in your front window last time I saw you you did not look like you needed one or is it for the deer after attemps to shoot one:stir::rofl: nice pic though

Eh? If your on about the parking disc then they're standard issue in town, the first aid box then thats a legal requirement in a van! And last time you saw me? Who are you in real life then? :)

Just got back from a 5 mile quad ride from hell in driving wet snow. Deeply unpleasant, very cold and exceedingly p*ssed off as couldn't retrived broken Kawasaki Mule (track rod ends bent from brief meeting with large rock).

So yes, I can confirm, it is snowing!

Scottish Borders too, total white out walking dogs earlier. Hope it doesn't effect the fishing too much, on the Tweed this morning.

Ummmm, errrrr, it was 28 degrees here today and I am lucky as I got air con in the Cat digger I`m driving.:lol:

Not a bl00dy flake here in my neck of the woods, just darned cold! I wish we could see a few inches of snow on the ground around here then I could get out on my permissions and see exactly what is moving about. (I like to keep a close check on 4 legged, feathered and 2 legged "Predators" that roam about on my permissions - Plus it usually makes for some great photographic opportunities!)

Just heard forecast on radio, 10cm tonight on high ground. Just back from the Tweed and 4inches lying there. Gorgeous day!!!

Had loads of snow today, about 3 to 4 inches sat on the car when I got up this morning, went back to Whitby, the moors were to say the least deep in snow. Several roads closed throughout the day and forecast is as low as -5 tonight and more snow on it's way, should be interesting tomorrow.

Back