Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumpers

Looking for a quality hard waring Jumper mainly wool. Must be plain no logo on front and have ware patches on the elbows and shoulders, Can any one recommend one please.

Military Surplus? I have a load that meet your description bought for £3.50 from although I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea. All my "dirty work" gear is military surplus!

If you don't mind paying for them the jumper you describe used to be made by Hardy's (fishing tackle) and Barbour. Really heavy gage knit almost untreated in feel, leather patches on elbows and shoulders. Off white natural colour. I still have one I got probably over 20years ago and still going strong although not seen much wear in last 10years because of fleeces.

Paul Young used to wear the exact same one in his earlier Hooked on Fishing series. Don't know if they are still available.

irish wool jumpers - Google Product Search

expensive but if you want the best.....

Barbour £69.95 at John Norris

Why no logos? You could get one for each of the family.

"He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

try Sealand, about £40 and last years, I wear them all the time, they wash well

I love the fact that on that army surplus site you can get your mits on an ex army helicopter! ha

Go to your local Countrywide. I saw a really nice one made by "Dickies" which was a lot cheaper than the Barbour version but looked the same. I didn't buy it as I find fleeces more practical now.

I got a hoggs of fife windproof working climate and I highly recommend it.