View Poll Results: what sort of reloader are you?

55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot for speed

1 1.82%
  • Accuracy is everything

29 52.73%
  • Just for fun

1 1.82%
  • To save money

7 12.73%
  • Load em slow to save my barrel

0 0%
  • a bit of all or something else

17 30.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what sort of reloader are you?

what sort of reloader are you?

answers please, but no criticism of others.

I cannot aswer by the poll as it varies depending on what I am loading for. If I am loading for an antique/collectable at the back of my mind is to cause as little wear as possible to an unreplacable barrel. If I am shooting with one fo the target rifles precision must be to the fore and for stalking it must be a balancing act for precision and power. Then there is the quest for the best load I can develop precision wise in a particular rifle. I wear many hats .

Cost is more and more a factor with the ripp off prices here so that comes into the equation at an increasing rate.

I started for accuracy. I think the cheapness of reloading has gone out of the window with the availability of Privi Partizan ammunition. So accuracy it still is.

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Accuracy is everything, I like to have confidence in my shots and it's always nice to know that the bullet that just put the deer / fox down was loaded by me. (like digging your own bait for fishing I suppose) Cost is an issue but like flytie says the cost of privi is so low that you don't save anything.

My main driver was consistency and supply. The shop would have a different brand (if they had any at all) every time I went in there. Making my own I have more control over the availability with the added bonus of accuracy and consistency.

I really load my own for accuracy... this comes at the hot end though. Hot is a bi product - not my aim.

Accuracy for me aswell.

Accuracy and killing from a selected bullet and powder. Price at one time, and a reliable supply a long way from any gunshop who might not have what you require. I think that confidence in the cartridge goes a long way. It's like tying a fishing fly at your desk - it's tailored to meet personal requirements.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

A satisfied reloader!......................................... ........................................... For now anyways!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Started for the non availability in Norfolk of center-fire bullets, you had little choice and had to wait ages 25 years ago, now I do it for the consistency and adaptability of loads to specific rifles I have, but get a kick from making a load for exactly what I want it for, either top end for Africa or downloaded for woodland stalking. I enjoy making things that I use for my hobbies from reloads, or a muzzle brake, to knives to whatever I need for stalking, if I can make something rather than buy it, I will. deerwarden