zippo hand warmers ?

nick100

Just had the sales email off heineie haynes, not normally to interested but on the top is the zippo hand warmer, now with this weather set to stay has anyone experience of them. The sales bumf claims there is no smell and they will last for 12hrs.
Also do you have to replace the 'wick', or any other part other than fuel.
Thanks.
Nick.

hhttp://ttp://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=4633&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

I was given one of these a couple of weeks ago, so far impressed. I took it out stalking today filled it up for the 12 hour burn, lit it at 0600 whilst waiting for the ferry and its still hot thats hot not warm now.

The only part that needs replacing according to the blurb with it, is the part you actually put a lighter to the burner. Odour depends on the brand of lighter fluid you use, I had some swan fuel that didnt smell, however the cheap stuff I brought in ASDA does give off a slight odour.

is the part you actually put a lighter to the burner. Odour depends on the brand of lighter fluid you use,

Yup the Swan stuff is fine, it's the only one I use now.
As for replacing the bit you light, it should last for ever, but only if you use a clean flame to light it.
This means a gas lighter, not my usual Zippo :doh:

Neil. :)

Absolutely superb.

I bought 2 chinese "copies" of the Zippo hand warmer from ebay 3 years ago - only cost £5 each including postage. Used regularly when out shooting and beating without any problems, stay very warm all day, no smell (Colemans lighter fuel) and I have never replaced the element (use turbo flame gas lighter to start).

Willie

PS - " Handly Handwarmer Pocket Hand Warmer Heaters Portable" currently on ebay at £6.88 including postage.

Back