E-Tip Bullet heads from Nosler

dalkur

Morning Guys,

I am looking to purchase E-Tip bullet heads in 270, 6.5 and 30cal. I have looked on the web and can only find them availiable in the states, anybody got a source over here in the UK.

Thanks Dalkur

Morning Guys,

I am looking to purchase E-Tip bullet heads in 270, 6.5 and 30cal. I have looked on the web and can only find them availiable in the states, anybody got a source over here in the UK.

Thanks Dalkur

I'm sure there's other options - http://gscustom.co.za/

Or you could try these out, and increase the size of the hollow point on target BTHPs, therefore they would become "designed to expand"

http://corporate.thegunroomuk.com/img/publications/solid-projectile-information-sheet.pdf

Midway UK, seldom have stock in the U.K. I believe its one guy acting as an agent, very helpful though, every time I've bought from them I've waited up to three weeks and sometimes longer when it comes back as out of stock in States, Nosler are hard to source in States at present just bought some partitions, the only two boxes in stock with no supplies available from his sources, supposed to be because U.S government is buying up all ammo stocks due to the war in Afghanistan?:-| deerwarden.

Gavin has NO Stock in the UK. The order's go to MidwayUSA :thumb: i no this as when i order some mount's i asked him to check them :oops: of cause he could not as they was in the States?????

Edgar brothers are the UK importers for Nosler, although you wouldn't know it ! Should have stocks of everything, also York Guns stock some Nosler as do Norman Clarke.

FlyBoy270

I'm sure there's other options - http://gscustom.co.za/

Or you could try these out, and increase the size of the hollow point on target BTHPs, therefore they would become "designed to expand"

http://corporate.thegunroomuk.com/img/publications/solid-projectile-information-sheet.pdf

Hollow points, in my experience, will expand. You don't need to tamper with them and risk losing accuracy. If you reload you "design" the round and you can design it to do whatever you choose. Just a thought...:norty:

Edgar brothers are the UK importers for Nosler, although you wouldn't know it !

Too right.

I have been desperate to get a heap of these for the .270 a fortnight ago. I have just gone through many of the better stocked dealers I know within the UK, from Tain to Devon, that would have e-tips in the .270 and no-one has anything. A pack of 50 .270 heads are to be found at Reloading Solutions (you may find they have e-tip heads in other calibres). If I could anything further in help, I might suggest that you ask Reloading Solutions as I would reckon they are the most likely to get them for you in a moderate time frame. They always seem to try their best.

Alternatively, if you were after e-tips solely because they were non-toxic I would reckon you have more chance getting the Barnes Triple Shock which would fit this bill, though I know nothing regards their ballistic performance.

Alternatively, if you were after e-tips solely because they were non-toxic I would reckon you have more chance getting the Barnes Triple Shock which would fit this bill, though I know nothing regards their ballistic performance.[/QUOTE]

yep i can recomend barnes ive had some good results with the tipped tsx over N160 !

Thanks Guys,
I have tryed Barnes and was not happy at there performance, all Deer i shot using them had to be shot twice. The range was 50yds to 150yds on both Red and Roe and in 130gr and 150gr 30cal out of my 30-06.

Regards Dalkur

I don't know your experience of e-tips but what you describe above is what I experience with the nosler e-tips. Of the 200 odd beasts that have been shot with e-tips these past two seasons, many of these have taken much longer to fall if than I am used to with lead (which are the nosler ballistic tips in the same weight and have been used on equal amounts of beasts over the same duration; a fair comparison). Some beasts' incapacitation are so delayed that they beg another shot despite not unreasonable bullet placings. I am not "informed" but I am assuming that the expansion of these bullets aren't nearly as vigorous as the lead.

I have also found them incredibly hard to get them tuned to within 1 moa through my rifle (which I hear from the gun shops is what they are also hearing from other users), plus their susceptibility to the wind, even at higher velocities, is 2nd rate.

E-tips G1 BC is quoted to be a step better than than the nosler (lead) ballistic tip equivalent, and from direct comparison at the target I truly cant see how this can be due to the excessive drop and windage I am experiencing - not a good mid-long range bullet.

The e-tips are a little more expensive, and the other factor that is starting to merge is the ricochets that are being experienced. I recall from a recent BDS' Deer article that the German's have temporarily suspended a lead-bullet ban this season due to the alarming rate of injuries through ricochets.

From my experience (though others may beg to differ) I wouldn't recommend using them unless you had to for environmental reasons, which is the reason why I continue to use them.

Henry

Last edited:
Back