police interview

tolley

got the old bill coming round today for the interview on my renewal,just wondering if i just have 6.5 instead of 6.5x55 ,does that cover all 6.5:confused: a mate mentioned it might.

In my experience, no - they will want an exact description of the cartridge. Although if you're feeling argumentative, you could try the line that the form asks for calibre, which is 6.5... Personally I wouldn't though!

Andrew

If you say you havent made up your mind exactly which one you want, but any 6.5 will be adequate for whatever your shooting, they may let you. North Yorkshire did when i added .30 cal. I said i had the chance of a .308 and also a .30-06 and that my land use is safe for both. If you talk to someone with a practical look on things it will be fine.

never had a problem just putting cal when applying for a new rifle eg .22 centerfire( Horrnet,222,223,,22-250 etc) and .30cal (308 ,30-30,30-06 etc ) on my certificate and that was what i got when it came back from my FLO.

Bob

Another element of the postcode lottery I'm afraid. I requested .22 CF, .30 CF etc but I was asked specifically what I wanted in the interview.
Incidentally, the shops locally are also a bit funny about selling ammo with vague certificates.

Afterall, there is a massive difference between a .222 and .220 Swift or a .308 and a .300 win mag...

If the FLD apply the HO Guidance you will have to be specific and not go for a generic '6.5mm' or '.30 calibre' for example. You might be lucky depending on how your own force interpret it but here's what it says:

10.5 Applicants are required to enter the
calibre and type of firearm(s) to be purchased
or acquired. The information will need to be
specific and not cover a range of calibres or
a generic group such as .22 CF (centrefire).

The 6.5X68 has much more poke than the `55`.

HWH.

Definitely does stag but if using on roe or smaller deer it can blow a hole in them but with the larger deer it is superb as long as you don't hit a shoulder bone.Brilliant drop at 200 only an inch if zeroed at 100.Large case more powder,fast at muzzle,therefore a 55s barrel will last longer but it is a brill calibre;)

Back