When Not To Zero

centralbeltstalker

Well wanted to share today's events with you.
Someone in their wisdom wanted to shoot there new 308 tikka come to bed with me rifle....cough John.
Well i agreed as i am not one to shy away from a challenge.
Following an hours detour to buy ammo we arrived at the land.
White out or what but we where not put off.
30 mins later i was at the 100 metre point and Jd was all set up....
Then it started oh yeah it started.......
Hour later freezing and soaked rifles x 3 shot zeroed checked and fun all done...

Never been so wet and cold ha ha
But as they say YOU CANT BUY THIS TYPE OF FUN ha ha

atb Bring it on Frank

If your game again tomorrow Jd i am ha ha........

what can I say.......ha ha ha, brilliant fun. It was absolutely freezing.....just getting the feeling back in my face after the biting wind!!
Am I game tomorrow......you bet.....Fusion ammo try outs tomorrow ha ha.
Those pics have given me the shiver......you look absolutely freezing.....I was getting a buzz/heat from the new .308 although, need to tighten those groups....Roe target out tomorrow ha ha!!!

Frank......all SD member and alike now know how nuts we actually are ha ha.
JD.

Lying in the freezing snow like that aren't you worried that your nuts will drop off and the wifle might run off with the milkman?:rofl:

Are they the pre-zero photos? Or were the groupings down to shaking with hyperthermia? :lol:

Brand new gun out of box.
trying different ammo
never took final group picture.
we where just to cold and knackered after the 100s on yards walking in that snow...
it was a fun day rather than a range day.

Fun gareth mate lots of fun

frank

some typical tikka groups :stir:

well as Jd knows i am not a kit man, i pick it up shoot it and if it hits the target i use it.
But when he gave me a shot from that gun with its S&B scope ermmmm nice bit of kit.
We have tried winchesters and federals in it now and both are shooting loose at 100.
we may go today and get some new ammo for a try.
as they say the rifle will choose the rounds.

once its on the money i will post the pictures and then you will see a typical Jd group thumb nail at a 100....

atb f.

Back