smaller quarry on big rifles ?

Distinguished Member
Hi lads

Im sure ive read this before on the site, but cant find it:doh:.

Ive got 3 rifles, a 22lr with vermin only on, which is fine.

but my question is can i apply to add vermin to my 243 and 308 as they only have deer and fox on at the moment?

and if so where can i find the ruling etc etc.

ATB
Dave

223, this is a whole kettle of fish. My guns all have "and any other legal quarry" conditions, so I can shoot rabbits with the .243 if I want. There's a thread all about it on here. If you can show good reason why you need to use a .308 on rabbits etc. then they should add them as conditions. I'd phone up and ask them about the "AOLQ" condition, as I know it's fairly recent, so they might add it for you. I asked about having boar added, and was told that as I have the AOLQ that would cover boar as well, so there was no point adding it separately.

Phone and have a word with your FEO, see what he says.

As your in the same area as myself and you have to deal with the same feo i can tell you there is next to no chance of adding aolq to your conditions or being allowed to shoot vermin with your 243 and 308.
best of luck
rem

Hi Dave, sounds like you've got same wording on you're ticket as I have for the 223,--- 22 rf for vermin--- 223 for fox--- 223 for munties and CWD's....Pat.

Back