Thread: Alpine Fleece ( Breathtex )

Alpine Fleece ( Breathtex )

Just received one and can recommend if you’re looking for a good mid or outer fleece.
    The one I had was of evilbay but I believe it’s the same one available at
    It is well put together, I can confirm windproof and quiet, they say waterproof but I haven’t tested that out as yet (Though I have no reason to doubt it). It’s not the thicket of fleece but has a generous cut so you can wear layers underneath. I went out in the snow with a good base layer shirt and just the fleece and it was fine for the few hours I was out at -1, but if you’re sitting in a high seat an extra micro-fleece and or wool jumper would fit under it and keep you tostie. The collar is tall so covers over my nose when the wind is blowing, its long enough to cover even my arse, has draw strings to keep snug, elasticated cuffs with lined thumb holes, a large internal zipped pocket, a Velcroed pocket large enough for my dreaded iPhone (Hope to drop that in the snow soon!) and two zippered hand pockets, plus under arm zippered vents and reinforced shoulders and elbows. All in all A1, I doubt that it is military issue But it looks and feels that quality. For those of you who don’t like the military camo the evilbay vendor also does black and olive ones as well as flecktarn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flecktarn fleece.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	3683 oh and about 50
    Last edited by Welsh Guy; 01-12-2010 at 11:56.