The Skoots!

RED-DOT

My 4 year old Chessie who is hard as nails has been needing out every 3h with what looks like a Piper Alpha style blowout of brown liquid... he is still in good form but he has the worst Delhi-Belly i have ever seen.. he eats snow faster that the council... any ideas how to dry him up?
Thanks.

I'd keep a very close eye on him for dehydration signs, we had a dog that was very sensitive in the gut dept, vet had us feed it plain boiled rice & white fish, this diet kept up the energy levels & wasn't making things worse. Hope it's not related to that Parvo business!

RD, Often use imodium as recommended by my vet. As long as there is no other underlying illness and it's just an iffy belly.

Could you bring him round my drive and path could do with a clear of the white stuff.

I would fast him for 24 hours and then give him as finnbear says something light like chicken or tuna and boiled rice,if symptoms persist after this then take him to the vet he has maybe eaten dead something or other an given him infection,vet will give him something if above doesn't work

take him to the vets for a professional opinion now, don't wait too long or it could be too late come the weekend, lost my Labrador mate for the sake of a £30 bill for leaving it too long and trying remedies suggested by others, dearest bill I've ever paid.deerwarden :cry:

take him to the vets for a professional opinion now, don't wait too long or it could be too late come the weekend, lost my Labrador mate for the sake of a £30 bill for leaving it too long and trying remedies suggested by others, dearest bill I've ever paid.deerwarden :cry:

No disrespect to the other suggestions but if it were one of mine this is the only route I would be taking. Prolonged dose of the runs is a bit more serious than a short dose in which case my vets normally suggest fasting for a day to let them clear out the problem. If it was to continue however well that's a different matter.

I can't help but think that eating the snow may be chilling his gut which may cause an upset..

My 4 year old Chessie who is hard as nails has been needing out every 3h with what looks like a Piper Alpha style blowout of brown liquid... he is still in good form but he has the worst Delhi-Belly i have ever seen.. he eats snow faster that the council... any ideas how to dry him up?
Thanks.
Eating snow has always given my dogs the squits. It upsets their guts badly

Took him to the vet and she gave me "Canicur Pro" and some "Milbemax" worming tablets... To be honest he is on the up but i'm taking no chances with my boy... Thanks lads, maybe get more than 3h sleep tonight.

Red-Dot,

When I have the ***** I only take water for 48 hours. Seems a generation or two expect a pill...

Trying to explain or extend this to "adults" results in why?

Stan

Back