.270 T8 on .243

no reason why not ,it will be slightly louder than on your 270 due to the size of the hole being slightly larger but it will work ,atb wayne

Dan

I had a T8 on my 243 and 260 for a while with different bushings. It worked ok, but when I saw an AU-S5 I said I must have one of these. I then got a great deal off Alex Dalgleish to trade the T8 in for the AU-S5 as per my gallery.

Rgds JCS

Dan

I had a T8 on my 243 and 260 for a while with different bushings. It worked ok, but when I saw an AU-S5 I said I must have one of these. I then got a great deal off Alex Dalgleish to trade the T8 in for the AU-S5 as per my gallery.

Rgds JCS
cheers fellas.

Dan

Rgds JCS

Thats a very nice pice off kit

Booked in to Thompson and Campbell in Cromarty tomorrow.

Should have another silent partner by tomorrow night

Before you try your T8 on your 270, I'd check with the manufacturer or Jackson's Rifles first.
I had a T8 model for a 223, and IIRC the manufacturer reported that a .243/6mm bullet would *just* fit though the baffle stack. If you have a similar T8, then the .270/6.8mm bullet might be a bit too wide -with disastrous consequences.
If your T8 model is for a .308/7.62mm bullet then you'll have no problems, but it's best to check before pulling the trigger.

If you have a similar T8, then the .270/6.8mm bullet might be a bit too wide -with disastrous consequences.

It's going from a .270 to a .243, so I imagine it will be fine.

I had a brass bushing made by a gunsmith, it works well.

It's going from a .270 to a .243, so I imagine it will be fine.
I had a brass bushing made by a gunsmith, it works well.

It will not only be fine it will be perfect.
The volume of gas from the .270 is more than that generated by the .243 so the T8 will swallow the gases from the .243 with no trouble whatsoever.

Back