Thread: last night

last night

Out last night looking for foxes as a farm that i shoot was having some trouble.

The lad that was coming out with me arrived at about 18:30 we got our gear into the landy & headed of to the farm (the temperature was reading -7).
    After driving for about 20 min we turned of onto a farm track to get the rifles ready ( the temperature was now -10).
    Drove about for a while & only spotted 1 fox that headed in the opposite direction, there was not even a rabbit about ( temperature now at -12).
    Parked the landy up near to where there was a dead sheep to see if there was anything daft enough to be out apart from us.( by now the temperature was down to -15).

We decided if there was any foxes out in the weather they deserved to get what ever they could.

Got back home to a balmy -11 & a hot cup of coffee & a dram.

Crikey. I love it that everyone who has ever been hooked with country sports is a complete nutter (myself included) and will stay out in stupit cold temperatures 'just in case'.

Great stuff.

I hope you thaw soon. I normally try to get into bed whilst my surface temperature is about -asmuchaspossible after a night out in the field. Just to see how far she jumps.