could anybody tell me about this qualification please

Looks like a higher national certificate in deer management.
Someone, somewhere, must be running a recognised deer management qualification at the higher level of national certification (as opposed to ordinary)

in edit. I should mention that HNC became btec some considerable time ago.

I think you should contact Mr Waters at North Highland College Thurso who run a course like this at Reay Estate belonging to Mr Minter. Not sure how may years it takes, however there are lads from all over Scotland who get placed with estates throughout Scotland for work experience. One student every year has the British Deer Society picking up the tab.

I suspect it's an NVQ qualification currently being used in the Land Management field. List of people on it, I suppose there will be a list of 1st year 2nd year etc if it's in the public domain, the students names that is. Contact North Highland Colleges Thurso's Land Manangement Department. Head of department is James Munro and head of the keepering section I believe is John Waters

John has now retired from the North Highland College - Richard Macnicol(head) and David Shaw are the men in the gamekeeping department.

Didn't realise John had retired, he gave a presentation last year at Sandside House on the Land Management department, I assumed he was still on the books, sorry to mislead !

I think it is a slightly wider qualification in game keepering and general wildlife management which has a deer module within it. This would appear to be a version here:
http://www.uhi.ac.uk/home/courses/c...dustries/gamekeeping-with-wildlife-management
HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND, and BTEC are the same body but at different levels from what I can remember.
I got a HND years ago and had to do the BTEC bit first.
Could be an option for DSC 3 or 4 Maybe?!:rolleyes:
MS:D

I thought the only full time, college based, pure deer management course was the Advanced National Certificate in Agriculture (Deer Management) as run by Sparsholt? As far as I know, this ceased to exist several years ago. There are several 'countryside' courses with deer management modules. JC

Back