Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs , generally.

Dogs , generally.

Just arrived back home from the rescue & rehoming kennels,...................... what a sad lot we viewed, The ratio of Staffies is terrible, must be something to do with some people not being able to differentiate between "dangerous breeds" & not,. Mrs Finnbear has gone broody again, as we are down to two survivors, from five rescued hounds,....... so the search is on for a female Greyhound or Lurcher that is looking for somewheres warm.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I don't know anything about the breed but I was always led to believe from folk who had them that Staffies make great family pets, very loyal and protective of children.

all dogs make good pets if they are bread correctly and trained right.
    its the moron that owns them that's normally the issue.

thats my view.

well don Fb on re-homing animals
    my last two dogs came from animal rescues and made brilliant pets.

atb f.

I think you're generally right there Frank with your comment on the morons that own them.
    My old man had a saying - "Dull man - dull dog".

Yes it is disheartening to visit the kennels and see some of the poor dogs abandoned by their owners. As a kid I had two dogs from the pound, one a labrador cross the other an English bull terrier, both made great pets though of entirely opposite natures to each other.

I believe there is no such thing as a dangerous breed, or bad dogs.
    Just people that don't understand them, and quit frankly should not be aloud to keep them.
    All dogs with the right interaction between human and themselves will make great pets or working companions or even both. regardless of breed.

Steve. Jill owen runs merlin animal rescue outside st asaph

Had a quick talk with her this afternoon, probably go for a look see this weekend.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Always worth a look at North West Lab Rescue and as it's Christmas again, they are filling up.
    also they are happy to rehome to working homes.

Off to the St Asaph kennels in a bit, looking at two possibles, one a year old bitch Pharoah hound would you believe it!, the other a young bitch Lurcher, then after that as it's warmed up a tad, down to the beach for a run, (for our dogs, not me!)

All the best in your quest,
    Sorry Jonas now rehomed
    Last edited by jimbo123p; 11-12-2010 at 10:10. Reason: too late