Dogs , generally.

finnbear270

Just arrived back home from the rescue & rehoming kennels,...................... what a sad lot we viewed, The ratio of Staffies is terrible, must be something to do with some people not being able to differentiate between "dangerous breeds" & not,. Mrs Finnbear has gone broody again, as we are down to two survivors, from five rescued hounds,....... so the search is on for a female Greyhound or Lurcher that is looking for somewheres warm.

I don't know anything about the breed but I was always led to believe from folk who had them that Staffies make great family pets, very loyal and protective of children.

all dogs make good pets if they are bread correctly and trained right.
its the moron that owns them that's normally the issue.

thats my view.

well don Fb on re-homing animals
my last two dogs came from animal rescues and made brilliant pets.

atb f.

I think you're generally right there Frank with your comment on the morons that own them.
My old man had a saying - "Dull man - dull dog".

Yes it is disheartening to visit the kennels and see some of the poor dogs abandoned by their owners. As a kid I had two dogs from the pound, one a labrador cross the other an English bull terrier, both made great pets though of entirely opposite natures to each other.

I believe there is no such thing as a dangerous breed, or bad dogs.
Just people that don't understand them, and quit frankly should not be aloud to keep them.
All dogs with the right interaction between human and themselves will make great pets or working companions or even both. regardless of breed.

ATB
Cam

Off to the St Asaph kennels in a bit, looking at two possibles, one a year old bitch Pharoah hound would you believe it!, the other a young bitch Lurcher, then after that as it's warmed up a tad, down to the beach for a run, (for our dogs, not me!):D

Funny how things get turned on their head,... Mrs Finnbear was adamant that Basil, our Alpha male greyhound, would in no way consider having another male dog in the group, well the visit went like this, arrived at kennels, viewed the female dogs, one of which turned out to be a Basenji cross!, the other a heavily tinted (with Staffie) lurcher, neither of these was lending themselves towards fitting in with our two, as a last chance for "Brian" a neutered male greyhound circa three years old, Jill suggested we try him out, I would have bet good money on an instant dislike on both sides being displayed,.... wrong!........ "Brian" is now spread out on one of our settees, giving anyone who cares to tickle his tummy at least three months to cease & desist!

all dogs make good pets if they are bread correctly and trained right.
its the moron that owns them that's normally the issue.
I have to disagree Frank, ive got rid of 2 dogs that were absolute doughballs, well, 1 was a doughball and the other was a fighter...with ANYTHING, this was odd as the breeding was good.

Sometimes you do get a bad'un

I've come across a collie with impeccable working pedigree and farm upbringing that hates sheep and herding-very obedient, just lacks that particular ability, he will just about come into the kitchen with the tame lambs (hiding behind your legs) but nothing beyond that.

I think the point is rather (in my view) that there is no breed that is particularly more dangerous than the other as any dog-with the odd individual exceptions-brought up poorly will be a nightmare.

On having had a few hours to sit & cogitate a little on the days progress, I am a little more open to those who like to think that re incarnation is an actual event, almost two years have passed since we lost Meg, litter sister to Rosie the surviving lurcher,now aged 13 , this dog we took posession of today, is the same colour, same markings, in the same places, has the same odd mannerisms that belonged to Meg, really wierd! & before anyone suggests I'm in my cups, I'm not,....... the only thing that doesn't fit is the gender!...... I think I may have to re evaluate theories held by others, & be a little more tolerant, instead of humming the theme tune to that well known tv series starring Mulder & Scully! Anybody on here ever read a book entitled FLUKE??????

funny how things get turned on their head,... Mrs finnbear was adamant that basil, our alpha male greyhound, would in no way consider having another male dog in the group, well the visit went like this, arrived at kennels, viewed the female dogs, one of which turned out to be a basenji cross!, the other a heavily tinted (with staffie) lurcher, neither of these was lending themselves towards fitting in with our two, as a last chance for "brian" a neutered male greyhound circa three years old, jill suggested we try him out, i would have bet good money on an instant dislike on both sides being displayed,.... Wrong!........ "brian" is now spread out on one of our settees, giving anyone who cares to tickle his tummy at least three months to cease & desist!

so your on the floor then lying at mrs finnbears feet lol

Back