It was so cold you will never believe what happened next...

User00023

I ventured out to Severnside Range on Wednesday. I'm off for a spot of stalking next week and wanted to zero my skiis. Believe me, it was cold! Despite being wrapped up like bugs in blankets everybody had cut and run by 13:00. The only way to avoid the wind was to lie prone on the firing points.

Anyway, I set up a target, loosed off three shots and checked my group. Adequate but indifferent, as usual. I made a cursory check of the rifle and felt the barrel and suppressor. They were as cold as ice. Loosed off another three but still the ironwork remained cold to the touch. Loosed off a group of five and still it remained cold to the touch. By that time I'd had enough and bundled everything back into the car and away back west to Brains country.

You can imagine how welcome the sight of my well stoked wood burner was. I took the still cold suppressor out from my kit and placed it on the hearth to dry out. After a short while I began to hear, at first, little pops and then louder pops and finally a couple of quite loud reports isuing fromn the slowly warming T8. Presumably it was so cold on the range some of the muzzle blasts had frozen solid in the can and were only heard once they thawed out on the hearth.

Now how unusual is that?

Have i read this right? do you think what you have wrote is correct?
mussel blast freezing in the mod:oops:, So all your shots where silent on the range :D

ATB
Cam

I once slept in a very cold bed. In the morning I found half a dozen "cornflakes" in the bed complete with frost on them. I placed them on the edge of the AGA and lo and behold I heard six loud farts complete with smell! :D

I was sure that was where you were headed with this post.

Its so cold its the only time i like have a small manhood :Dpissing on my hands feels so good

Well we've been fixing the valleys in a large roof for the best part of 2wks over looking the Severn, its baltic, Theres no central heating at home and the thermometer is a good -9 this morning We have been lucky though and had very little snow so lucky in fact we are still be able to work on a roof in the sea breeze.:cuckoo: Lovely.

Presumably it was so cold on the range some of the muzzle blasts had frozen solid in the can and were only heard once they thawed out on the hearth.

Last winter I noticed that the ammunition was less efficient. There was a more noticeable smell from the powder, and cleaning the barrel showed that the powder burn had been less than perfect.

It sounds like you had a bit of unburned powder in your mod, what temperature it would have to reach to cause it to ignite is beyond me though.

The other night on the way back from the pub the sound of running water made me desirous to pass water so nipped under the bridge to relieve myself where almost immediately I was joined by an Afro-carribean chap I'd been chatting to in said pub, I said to him "Bloody hell, this water's cold", whereupon he replied " yes man, and it's DEEP too !!!"

I got quite a nasty burn on my thigh because of the cold. I struck a match and it was so cold the flame froze, I thought no more of it and put it in my pocket five minutes later when it had thawed out I was on fire :D

John

The other night on the way back from the pub the sound of running water made me desirous to pass water so nipped under the bridge to relieve myself where almost immediately I was joined by an Afro-carribean chap I'd been chatting to in said pub, I said to him "Bloody hell, this water's cold", whereupon he replied " yes man, and it's DEEP too !!!"

consider yourself lucky it wasn't GEORGE MICHEAL:rofl:

I was out looking for sika this morning. Believe me, it was cold! I didn't manage to see, any although I'm sure I spooked one or two who managed to crash away unseen through the undergrowth.

What I did find were some very strange looking icicles. Relativley thin, very smooth and about eighteen inches long but with a strange downward curve towards the end. On closer examination I found they were hollow and so snapped one open. Would you believe it? Out popped the sound of a stag's whistle! His breath must have frozen around it as it left his lips.

Strange times...

Last Wednesday we were pheasant shooting it was so cold that when we spoke the words froze. so we had to thaw them over the fire to hear what we were saying.

Back