Fair dues to Thames Valley Police

willie_gunn

Just received my renewed FAC and SGC in the post today. I submitted them mid October, had a visit from the FEO mid November and they arrived today. Given the original 60-day timeline warning I am pleasantly surprised.

They have removed the specific conditions I had for deer, vermin and wild boar and replaced this with "deer and any other lawful quarry".

It has been a painless process so credit where credit is due.

willie_gunn

Yes willie i have similar experience with thames valley.Never had a problem with them,always prompt and efficient and as you say add "other lawful quarry" without any arguement as it should be
When you read about some of the constabularies on here,i feel very fortunate i live where i do

I've just received the renewal forms for FAC and SGC from Durham - 6 months before the expiry of the current licences. Good planning or hedging their bets - you choose!

Nice one Dom, my current FAC was due for renewal in 1½ years & would have been opened up then, but I asked for it early. My FEO was very supportive & backed my application, the Firearms Manager passed it on to be actioned by her staff, the staff member responsible took issue with my application & blocked it. My FEO got involved & had to ask me to provide evidence of my permissions, finally it was all done & dusted inside of 2 weeks.

A brilliant result for Thames Valley

See you Saturday

Cheers

Chris

Yes, my experience with Thames Valley has been very good too. Just renewed my shotgun certificate to run coterminous with my FAC and all done quickly and with phone call rather than need for a visit (mind you my circumstances /gun cabinet etc.. were all unchanged from a year and a half ago so that helped).
Neal

I'd be interested to know which FEO's you lot had. My bloke is great, really supportive, but is frustrated (often hog-tied) by the office lot. (PM's would probably be better, don't want to put personal details of the FEO's on an open forum!

Just received my renewed FAC and SGC in the post today. I submitted them mid October, had a visit from the FEO mid November and they arrived today. Given the original 60-day timeline warning I am pleasantly surprised.

They have removed the specific conditions I had for deer, vermin and wild boar and replaced this with "deer and any other lawful quarry".

It has been a painless process so credit where credit is due.

willie_gunn

Hi Willie,

I used to live in Oxfordshire, I too was very impressed with the speed they turned my FAC around. I had been verbally granted my FAC by Mr. Roberts? He said should take 6 weeks.

I called 2 weeks later to ask a question and advised I had some land with a serious fox problem that needed taking care of ASAP, they said if I called in to HQ in Kidlington I could pick it up the same day. I even sat and had a cup of tea with the admin lady in the department. Thames Valley are great.

I am now just over the border in Northants, although my local FEO is a good chap, he advised my recent variation may take up to 8 weeks. I am now running short of ammo and I may be stuck!!! I know should have ordered more when I made my last purchase but hind sight is a wonderul thing!!!

Cheers

Back