Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for a cheap driven boar sight.

Heads up for a cheap driven boar sight.

Well I can only say how good this sight is on a recent drive I shot a pig and a fox both running at full tilt.
    It travelled to germany and back on the ferry and on tractor and trailers on the days and I checked it yesteday for this weekends trip and it is still zeroed.
    Using it free hand on my 7mm rem mag at 55m's I can get a 3 inch group.
    Its all metal and very well put together.
    I took a Zeiss 3-12x56 off the rifle and fitted this.
    I am not sorry.

i was stalking with john last week and had a look it is very well made and will be purchasing one myself for future use,atb wayne

Looks like a chinese knockoff of the Docter II sight,
    It is easy to be cheap without investing the development costs.
    Thats all they can do.
    Anybody got news of something that the Chinese have developed in the last 70 years. They just stole our manufacturing base and left us dependant on them.

It is a copy of the docter but is working perfectly.
    All my optics are zeiss except a schmidt and a kahles, so I have invested heavily in german optics.
    This sight works and for 4 days hunting a year is just the job, my saved pennies went on to a hunt in bavaria last week and a trip to bulgaria next week so i still spent some of my money in your country.

I like cheap knock off. It's hurts less when you fall on your ass an break it.

but if it was doctor it wouldn't have broke in the first place

Yeh BUT... cause it wasn't doctor and it's bust I can try that amazing looking knock off ACOG with holo heads up!
    ACOG 4X42 Trijicon Scope with Doctor Red Dot Sight on eBay (end time 12-Dec-10 15:32:42 GMT)

Damn that does look good

I have just been castigated for affixing one, (a Barska), to my Marlin, so you may receive some ribbing yourself, when they see this thread!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My copy is really well made and if it did break I could have 5 spare ones for the price of a docter.
    When you see how litle there is to one (unlike a scope) I struggle to see where all the extra money is spent.
    I love my german scopes and wouldnt swap for anything but there is no glass as such in these.
    Everything else is metal and strong.
    It even has a varying brightness dot.

I guess then the real question is.... do you like it?

and with the results you've shown that answer can only be HELL YEH!

Which one of the ugly hairy buggers is you, hope you are not the one on top
    Its in my distant radar to go boar shooting and would consider one of these on a benelli using slugs
    What do you think
    I dont want to buy another rifle just for pigs
    But If i had to i would consider an under and over russian something or other
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

you can't be sure that all shoots allow slugs though but you can check in advance. Usually estate rifles can be provided though.