Broken stock

nell

Just returned from atrip to poland with myrifle in two pieces:cry:i shouldered the gun and the top swivel gave way, the rifle swung round muzzle hit the ground snapping the stock clean through the pistol grip.

Rifle is a mannlicher clasic half stock,gun is insured so should be no probs...

Does anybody know if a synthetic stock is available for this model????

Nell

Sorry to hear about it Nell. Get in touch with these people they'll sort it for you. They did my CZ stock. It looks as if it never happened.

http://www.ukgunrepairs.co.uk/generalrepairs.htm

This:

DSC03648.jpg

To this:

DSC03662.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

DSC03657.jpg

Last edited:
Neil

George's repair above is very impressive. Cromarty Gunsmiths in Cromarty are worth giving a call (01381 600 536) too. They replaced the stock on a .308 for me and the new stock was better than the original.

Rgds JCS

Last edited:
+1

The downside is the barrels or actions tend to snap with a McMillan :smug::stir:

Must have some pretty crappy barrels and actions then :D. :rofl: I'll take wood over plastic any day of the week ;). The thought does cross my mind as to how the CZ stock was broken?

Must have some pretty crappy barrels and actions then :D. :rofl: I'll take wood over plastic any day of the week ;). The thought does cross my mind as to how the CZ stock was broken?

Removed the action for a bit of maintenance in the garage and the stock slipped from my hands from a hight of about 3 foot and split clean in two and it was only from waist height admittedly on to a concrete floor.

George

Just returned from atrip to poland with myrifle in two pieces:cry:i shouldered the gun and the top swivel gave way, the rifle swung round muzzle hit the ground snapping the stock clean through the pistol grip.

Rifle is a mannlicher clasic half stock,gun is insured so should be no probs...

Does anybody know if a synthetic stock is available for this model????

Nell

Prohunter's stock should fit. There was one on Guntrader for £80 or something around. Might still be there.

Greg

Back