Thread: Mauser m03 custom?

Mauser m03 custom?

How suitable is the mauser m03 for the basis of a custom built rifle?

judgeing by the lacl of replys, its no good at all

I'm just wondering why you would want to? Surely there is enough choice with this rifle straight from the factoy- sounds a bit like gilding a lilly to me.

i would like to combine the safety of this action with the accuracy of a custom built rifle.

I know where you are coming from I spoke to lee at border and he said at the moment they dont do barrels for them, any one know of any one else doing them?

I know nothing about the M03 but have seen the writer Bruce Potts using an RPA change barrel system that has been custom built by Steve Bowers. Give him a ring and see what he says,

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Why customise a M03 mine shoots 100% so why change it. If you fancy a heave barrel these are available. The triggers is great as is. You can only use Mauser mounts on a M03.
    Why try to improve perfection.

Put a deposit on one last week in 30.06 just waiting for my FAC back with variation sounds like they are getting a top review from you Jagare. the only reason I thought about it was because the replacement barrels are more in cost than a top end custom barrel any way.

The standard rifle will be accurate,
    Its all down to load development.