£1000 budget for scope suggestion please

Double0gorgeous

Looking for a scope to go on a 223 and i've got £1000 to play with.

Would like either ballistic turrets or target turrets and not too heavy. Going to be used for vermin and a bit of target out to 400m.

Any suggestions or recommendation would be appreciated.

Ive used opticswarehouse a few times and have had some great deals and fantastic customer service. I bought a Bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50 with side parallax and target turrets and mildot reticule all for less than £500. I have to say that im very impressed with the scope. It also comes with a sunshade.

I also think leupolds are good value for money. A S/H S&B, Zeiss or nightforce could be with way to go too..

MacLeod has a few Z6's, 2-12x50 TDS Plex, discounted at £975, I would buy one and have Ballistic turrets retro fitted if you feel you need them.

In fact, I might just do that myself.....

You should pick up a secondhand Nightforce NXS for £1000 or another option, and a cheaper one, would be a Leupold VXIII, you should get one of those for around £600. I have had both, still have the NXS and love it.

Read up the comparisons Nightforce V's European optics !

Leoupold ? Don't bother ! Good scopes BUT not compaired to the Euro glass.

S&B PM2 s/h fits your bill exactly

If it was me i would have a swarovski not that they are better than the S&B it is just my preference.

I was given a Nightforce i would sell it asap.

Look on this site and give them a call ...great to deal with. They have some good pre used stock/ex demo/end of line

http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/

On this website all the time, so many options don't know what would be better for my needs. Like the Kahles with the BT but don't think the 10x mag would be enough.

Ive used opticswarehouse a few times and have had some great deals and fantastic customer service. I bought a Bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50 with side parallax and target turrets and mildot reticule all for less than £500. I have to say that im very impressed with the scope. It also comes with a sunshade.

I also think leupolds are good value for money. A S/H S&B, Zeiss or nightforce could be with way to go too..

Just sold my Bushnell Elite 4200, kind of regret it now. Its a super scope for the money but just doesn't have the optics quality of S&B Swaro etc.

MacLeod has a few Z6's, 2-12x50 TDS Plex, discounted at £975, I would buy one and have Ballistic turrets retro fitted if you feel you need them.

In fact, I might just do that myself.....

Didn't know this was possible, any idea of the cost. This could be my answer.

Read up the comparisons Nightforce V's European optics !

Leoupold ? Don't bother ! Good scopes BUT not compaired to the Euro glass.

S&B PM2 s/h fits your bill exactly

If it was me i would have a swarovski not that they are better than the S&B it is just my preference.

I was given a Nightforce i would sell it asap.

PM2 nice but heavy i think, verging on swarovski myself

You should pick up a secondhand Nightforce NXS for £1000 or another option, and a cheaper one, would be a Leupold VXIII, you should get one of those for around £600. I have had both, still have the NXS and love it.

Must have a look into nightforce, don't know much about them

First time i've seen these.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Think i need to do a bit more reading. Very interested about the retro fit Swarovski

I think the Ballistic turrets cost £60 -£70.

You don't really need them with the TDS type reticule unless you plan on shooting past 400 yards or so.

The IORs have Schott Glass so top quality stuff at a reasonable price

I never liked the look of the IOR scopes but as IOR say "Scopes are for looking through, not at", I did look through one once that a mate had on his 6mmBR and they are, as Devildave says, quality stuff.

I never liked the look of the IOR scopes but as IOR say "Scopes are for looking through, not at", I did look through one once that a mate had on his 6mmBR and they are, as Devildave says, quality stuff.

Pretty they're not, robust they are!

I like my IOR scope to look through, but I've just found out that when fitted to the saddlemount on my Blaser the mount is no longer detachable as the gas valve obstructs the QR levers :doh:

So now in the market for another scope :D

willie_gunn

I have a Leupold MK 4 tactical 4-14x, 30mm tube, 50mm objective, illuminated with target turrets and it will do all you need. Should be able to get one for £1k.

Leuplod do have some neg feed back on this site but mine is excllent, bomb proof, compact and huge range od f readily available monts and accessories. It is faultless and more than adequate for everything you are likely to do. Has sat on my .223 for years.

That aside the eye position is critical but ensures your head is in the correct position. Bit of a bugger if you are in an awkward position lamping at night.

In the day cannot fault it and have had shots at crows ridiculously long ranges, target acquistion was fine.

However have used a Nightforce NX and I would concur better scope, but then it is 56mm.

I do find however the reticule is just too fine for me, I can barely ses the 600 yd dot.

IOR are ment to be very good, but are very bulky CF Leupold/Nightforce.

I think it would be worth looking at the Meopta range, which have excellent optics. Alternatively if buying new, the new Zeiss range look remarkable value and optics are superb.

D

Back