My Biggest Roe

User00004

Was out today and shot what I think to be my biggest Roe, a Doe she was 17.1Kg Head and hoofs off, her not so dependant Doe Kid was a good 14.1Kg Head and hoofs off.

Very pleased with the result, first deer to shoot while alone on the DMG ground.

Happy Days

The funniest bit of the whole event was my dog trying to dry hump both the carcasses in turn while I gralloched the other.

Eye Diddly Deal.

TJ

Nice one, ..... i mean there is some good venison there, even if it has been marinated;)

Frank you need to be scottish but at a push you can be english as a last resort you can be welsh but you will never get a DG jumper that says Lanarkshire on it if your irish :rofl:

PS Tartan what was your biggest Roe up to this mate.

Last edited:
Was out today and shot what I think to be my biggest Roe, a Doe she was 17.1Kg Head and hoofs off, her not so dependant Doe Kid was a good 14.1Kg Head and hoofs off.

Very pleased with the result, first deer to shoot while alone on the DMG ground.

Happy Days

The funniest bit of the whole event was my dog trying to dry hump both the carcasses in turn while I gralloched the other.

Eye Diddly Deal.

TJ

Admit it, your glad now we did not go and look at that land, and your dog is highly delighted :D

John

...as a last resort you can be welsh...

Whoa! That's fighting talk, boyo!

I'll have you know Lanark is a corruption of Llanerch, the Welsh for woodland glade. Take good care of it, we might ask for it back one day! ;)

PS Congratulations TJ! You must be well pleased. To counter your biggest I can offer my smallest roe to date shot just last week. A kid doe no bigger than a terrier with no trace of fat on her. Poor little thing must have been close to going over during the worst of last cold snap and would surely not have lasted through the next one that's heading our way.

Last edited:
The heaviest Roebuck I have shot in 49 years stalking was in Sweden and weighed 27.8 kilos. [ around 61 pounds with head and feet on.]
It was an old gentleman whose antlers achieved a Gold medal.

HWH.

Back