Thread: Hello

Hello from East Yorkshire, I'm Tom and I'm friends with a few guys on here already but thought I'd best introduce myself anyway. I'm a bricklayer / builder by trade and stalk / shoot our family farm in East Yorkshire. I have approx 1000 acres that i shoot over, both the fox control for our pheasant / partridge shoot and the deer management. I shoot .22-250 for fox and 7mm08 for the deer, of which I have only Roe atm but the Munty's are fast heading this way im sure.

I'm a big fan of swapping stalking, especially for different species to Roe. So I'm always interested if anyone fancies a go at stalking on the cliff tops of Yorkshire!

All the best.

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if I do or don't want those Muntys this far north... I've not tasted one yet though!

Welcome to the Forum Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by DC .270 View Post
    I'm not sure if I do or don't want those Muntys this far north... I've not tasted one yet though!
    You'll want them!

Roast Haunch of Muntjac

Well CSL, I've got to tell you... that does look very tasty. I might have dribbled a bit!

We'll see how they get on with their northern voyage.

I've only ever seen one on a roadside (collision, not with me) on a drive through Oxfordshire.

Hi mate wondered how long before you got here.
    and bring the munties on i say.

From what i heard the other day the munties are already up north ! yet to see one myself or indeed shoot one prob best to let them build up a bit though

Welcome to the site it is good another yorkshireman joins the site
    Im sure you will enjoy it
    What do you know about munties in yorkshire
    Merry Christmas
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe