RPA Reps

biglad

Hi all and happy christmas to you. Dose any one know if thar are any RPA reps or anyone who works for them for RPA on this site many thanks Neil...

Hi barry how you doing mate. its a custom rifle im having trouble with the two stage trigger on it..how the weather up there was supposed to be up this weekend but my misses wants me to take her last minute shopping .....we have had about 6 to 7 in snow so far..Cheers Neil

Hi niel, we have about TWO inche's of snow, hard to comprehend but this all we have had , when the rest of the country seem's to be grinding to a halt!

Dry Powder!

Barry

Niel , Have you had a look at Peter Jeckson's trigger's, He has some very good systems, he shoots well and builds very good stuff and is only a couple of miles from your route on your way up to the loch.

Dry Powder

Barry

Darn it with the amount RPA charge there really should not be a problem.... :(

As for snow...................................... what snow :eek:?

We got ice but no snow.

Hi barry how you doing mate. its a custom rifle im having trouble with the two stage trigger on it..how the weather up there was supposed to be up this weekend but my misses wants me to take her last minute shopping .....we have had about 6 to 7 in snow so far..Cheers Neil

The RPA trigger is essentially the same design as the Jackson Trigger, the RPA website has a pdf about their triggers on it (it hasn't opened correctly on my computer though). It has quite a few adjustments on it, what is the problem with it? It's a proper 2 stage, if it's dirty sometimes it doesn't reset properly, it's worth making the first stage heavier (more pressure on the sear) and back off the overtravel stop

Hi mat some times the first pull is there and some times its not ..I have had the trigger off and stripped it cleaned it and its still the same. RPA whant 75 quid to look at it... Then then the cost of the new parts if needed..cheers Neil

That's outrageous - RPA are a bunch of ripoff merchants! If it needs a new part, then it's not fit for purpose and fixed for free :mad:

Sounds like you need to crank up the weight of the first stage, I think it's the grub screw accessed from the top of the trigger, it's been a while since I owned my RPA. If you're not confident doing it then I'd recommend HPS, Norman Clarke or Fultons (in that order) - they see a lot of RPAs. IMHO it's safer to adjust than most triggers, as long as you don't remove the first stage, the 2 stages means that you nearly always have lots of sear engagement.

Just to add: you should be able to take up the slack on the first stage, release the pressure and the first stage should release, if your first stage doesn't come back then your first stage isn't heavy enough. I think I had to crank up my first stage as heavy as it would go for it to work properly.

Back