Oh Sh1te !!!

callie

They've just dropped through the door again, didn't think they were due until May!
"They" being the dreaded FAC/SGC coterminus renewal forms, how I hate them.
8 photo's, 4 for signatories,Jeez!
Throughout the year I must fill in dozens of forms and never have any problems. One look at a renewal form and I go cold all over. I've never yet, and this includes variations, filled in one of these forms without making a cock up.
Any body else suffer with this dilema !!!....callie :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes I feel the same mine is due in 2011 and I am dreading filling in the forms. Stupis thing is that they know damned well what we have and have to keep the forms on file and I already get moaned at for my file taking up too much room. Oh well I begin working on it in the new year.

My coterminous FAC was done in August and my variation is virtually a 90% of a fresh application... surely they know what we have and they WILL have our pictures on record so why not a seperate simple form for variation? I may just not bother but that is what my FLO would like.

You guys have been lucky, all I got was a letter telling me what forms to download ! fill in and send back.
Mind you I always fill them in and then ring the FEO Office and ask for advice or "Can I come in and be shown or at least go through them with somebody before submitting them please".
My Department is very helpful.
I have just gone through the renewal procedure for coterminous ownership and it only took from 19th November to 15th December from start to finish and my FEO visit had to wait a week as I was out of the country, so imagine how quick it would have been had I not been away.
Well done Wiltshire Firearms Department.

Get them done asap and don't let them sit. You'll feel great if you get them fired off before xmas and although nothing will happen till next year that's not your problem anymore!

'Must be the time of year - and the second bout of snow - but thank goodness I got my renewal off last month. Going on-line for passport pictures is great - if you have the didgy camera, the PC and the know-how , but a bit of a pig if you don't and live a couple of hours drive from the nearest booth or chemist. (The one in Kyle will take passport photos).

Then there's the suitable witnesses to locate and visit.

As you say, they have all our data on file, we are upstanding citizens or we'd not have a firearm cert in the first place, so what's the problem ?

An old mate of mine went into his bank where he'd been doing his garage and tackle-shop banking for many years. He wanted to undertake a transaction and was asked by the new manager's assistant for I.D.

So, he produced his newly amended FAC and was told that it was not good enough but his driver's license would do.

He didn't have it on him and again asked if the transaction might be possible and was told "NO ".

He called in the manager and pointed out that his face was known in that bank from year dot, he'd been giving them his business for-ever, so what was the problem ?

He still received the big NO ! So he promptly moved his banking to another bank .

Personally i think you're a lucky man. The recommendations report/findings from the Cumbrian murders is published on the 20th Dec so get them filled in and submitted before all the addittional crap and hurdles is put into place.

Just wait to you hear us screaming and wailing later on .

Do you keep a copy of your previous application forms? It makes it a whole lot easier to fill in because a lot of it is repetition. Having a scan of your passport photo is a good tip too. Print as many as you like onto photo paper.

Alex (pathological hatred of forms)

'Must be the time of year - and the second bout of snow - but thank goodness I got my renewal off last month. Going on-line for passport pictures is great - if you have the didgy camera, the PC and the know-how , but a bit of a pig if you don't and live a couple of hours drive from the nearest booth or chemist. (The one in Kyle will take passport photos).

Then there's the suitable witnesses to locate and visit.

As you say, they have all our data on file, we are upstanding citizens or we'd not have a firearm cert in the first place, so what's the problem ?

An old mate of mine went into his bank where he'd been doing his garage and tackle-shop banking for many years. He wanted to undertake a transaction and was asked by the new manager's assistant for I.D.

So, he produced his newly amended FAC and was told that it was not good enough but his driver's license would do.

He didn't have it on him and again asked if the transaction might be possible and was told "NO ".

He called in the manager and pointed out that his face was known in that bank from year dot, he'd been giving them his business for-ever, so what was the problem ?

He still received the big NO ! So he promptly moved his banking to another bank .

Ive had this....madness that a FAC or SGC isnt considered photo id :rolleyes:

They've just dropped through the door again, didn't think they were due until May!
"They" being the dreaded FAC/SGC coterminus renewal forms, how I hate them.
8 photo's, 4 for signatories,Jeez!
Throughout the year I must fill in dozens of forms and never have any problems. One look at a renewal form and I go cold all over. I've never yet, and this includes variations, filled in one of these forms without making a cock up.
Any body else suffer with this dilema !!!....callie :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nope
never hav a problem filling in my renewals and they are coterminous
infact I use the same people to do both FAC & SGC
so 1 set of photo's does the trick no need for 8

What I will say is ask and apply for everything you need and think you may need now
as if and when Mr Dale comes back to run Staffordshire you may regret it

Stone:- unless I've read it wrong I thought it was four photo's for each although it's coterminus ???(coterminus, it never looks right to me, sounds more like the bus station) :D

Callie
I hav always done it this way since going coterminus
last 3 renewals
If not mistaken it requires 4 photos 2 of which are to be signed by the referees
as my referees also are a signature on my SGC , did not see the need for 4 extra photo's as they are checked and processed by the same office at the same time and pictures are scanned onto my tickets anyway so in reality I only need to send to pics in that hav been countersigned as those will be the only legit pics they will use as far as I'm aware
ATB

Just keep it simple, if they ask for 8, give them 8, take your time over the questions and it will work out fine.
My flo came around to my house, checked the application, fee, photo's etc and it all got completed, no problem.
Its not exactly rocket science even with a variation.
Cheers
Richard

Like CSL says keep a copy of your last renewal - I also make a note of what else I sent ie photos and who signed them, DSC certs, stalking contracts, letter of approval from the landowner Anything which may prove good reason for holding sect1 firearms and ease the process

Just been filling out forms for coterminous fac/sgc, photo requirements fac, referees x 2 + 1 self signed + 1 for records = 4, sgc referee x 1 + 1 self signed + 2 for records = 4,,,,,,4 + 4 = 8, this is what they asked for, this is what they'll get...callie

Back