Deer Group

6pointer

Well we had set a date to take three or four lads out from the deer group to do a mock up lev one firearm,s safty and shooting test i did try and call it off but the lads had already set off to my ground so it was on and went very well. All shot as a pass and the conditions were as natural as possible the weather help alot :eek:

dsclev1e.jpg

No mate they do not have there Lev 1 yet its not a requirment to join our group but you need to be seen to be willing to make progress through the current requirments. No group jumpers that day we got the light weight ones and there not green its unluck there a dusky brown.;) ps i wish it was flat might make easier stalking lol

Ecoman they are about 1500 mtr from our shooting postion but i do have the stalking all the way along the side of them but dont like going up there any more , its takes somthing majical away from the area and i just go else were.:(

Do you think that the deer go there any more ? I hear that they are noisy things, but deer will get used to most things as long as they don't prove to be dangerous - unless the type of sound irritates them.

As you say Eco they get used to things,I've shot deer directly under the blades in a howling gale.

Yes the deer are there alright they did move away abit when the building and blasting was going on but are back now some will now be adults that have been born under them they wont care .Its me that dislikes them they spoil the ambience;)

You could always dress up as a cammo tellytubby ! Deer instead of rabbits.

It looks like there's going to be trails of these things sprouting up which-ever way we look. I hear very negative reports regarding their efficiency and output, and if this is true, then what is the reason for erecting them ? Is this the most crass of all indications that some people wish to be seen to be green, or is this just a way of some people to cash in on a new ploy, no matter who gets stuck with the ugly sight ?

The energy needed to build them on this site whitelee forest will never be replaced in 100 years buy the mills how sad is that. Studys told them but they needed to meet a green plan and scotland wanted to be leaders green energy:lol:

Last edited:
Back