This damn cough

Paul at Fechan

got a cold with an annoying tickly cough that I've had for two months now but it might just be a few colds back to back. Every time I go out in the cold I can't help cough but it's dry and getting on my tits. Doc doesn't care.

Anyone else got it or got any tips to help? cheers

Paul - do you remember those packets of spangles, about four inches long and square in section ? - well I can't remember the name of them at the moment but in most Spar or other shopping malls - or the chemist, there's a same-shaped packet of eucalyptus - black packet for the strong ones. They really get down there and clear the tubes and soften everything. Fishermans friends are also good but they tend to make me a bit nauseous after a while.

I picked up something similar in October and it stayed with me for several weeks, eventually developing into a full blown chest infection. Strong antibiotics helped with the infection but of all the cough remedies I tried the best was soluble aspirin in honey in hot water. It really got the muck moving!

Take care and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Paul - my 'financial controller' called through to say that the item is called HALLS. There's two strengths, the milder blue packet and the strong black one. The cough pastille version of Mr. Muscle.

Good luck. Ken.

Toddies -- I'd add a little to Iwrch's potion with a drop or three of whisky if it's a bed-time dose.

Get a large cheap whisky add a half cup of hol lemonade and to table spoons of runny honey heat till very warm and drink cough gone and great night sleep the hot toddy also done me the power of good. ps dont waist the malt. TICKLY COUGHS AND STALKING DONT GO TOGETHER.

Every time my wife gets a tickly cough i tell her she needs a good shot of mans milk, I wouldnt reccomend it for a man though!

yes i know what you mean had mine for 3wks its driving me up the wall,been on antibiotics for 5 days,i seem to go into coughing fits then i am ok for a few hrs i had last year as well the doc told me that it lasts for about 6wks .atb steve

Strefen for sucking while out and about, and Covonia for going to sleep. If all else fails and alcohol doesn't work, try the doctors ;) Always the last port of call I know, but sometimes they can help.

But remember, they only practise medcine, they don't really know what they are doing :eek:

ft

Fishermans friends, original. Just put one betweem cheek and gum, and breathe thru the mouth its long lasting and definately stops that ticklly cough.!!!! IF you are a smoker take two, one on each side and inhale deeply. works for me

jakemanns sweets from sainsburys, next to all the other cough and cold sweets.. 55p a bag and better than any that ive tried so far.. Same here on the cough though!

Thank god Im not the only one suffering, Iv had a cough runny nose ect for six weeks and thinking when am I going to shake this off,could I have aids noooo impossible cant catch that from my right hand,is my immune system not good enough to sort a cold out.According to my GP doc medical man they can last up to 10 weeks what a surprise.

Some good ideas! Just getting ****ed with a little honey sounds the best by far......

The doc's of the opinion that it's normal and will go away????

Back