How to hand squeak a fox?

Colster

Can anyone give me some tips on doing this, at the moment my efforts are more likely to scare it into the next county. :doh:

Can anyone give me some tips on doing this, at the moment my efforts are more likely to scare it into the next county. :doh:

squeeze thumb against palm so you have the hard lump appear, then suck a 'squeaky kiss' off this lump, with practice you will get pitch correct!!!!

forget grass, only good for getting high

Last edited:
Hi Colster. I suspect everyone has their own way of squeaking using their hand. Just purse your lips like you were going to whistle, then place the palm of your hand or the ball of your thumb gently against your lips and suck. In truth you can use any part of your hand. You can also try putting your thumbs together, hands clasped and sucking against your thumb joints.
Best advice, practice then practice some more. Remenber you are not making a specific sound (this comes later) just a squeak.
If a fox is hunting they may well investigate. I have been calling fox for a very long time and they will still push off! That can be caused by other things, not he call. Keep trying and you will get there.

You will be trying to replicate a rabbit being tortured and practice for 5 years at least then give up and by a Bushwear multi-option caller and sit back and watch them run to you... different calls for each season. You can use the stock of your rifle too if you don't want to use your smelly palm?

You will be trying to replicate a rabbit being tortured and practice for 5 years at least then give up and by a Bushwear multi-option caller and sit back and watch them run to you... different calls for each season. You can use the stock of your rifle too if you don't want to use your smelly palm?

:rofl::rofl:

sqweaking foxes isnt a easy thing to master but you will get there and the options are endless widgeon whistles, deicated fox calls, electronic fox calls, polystirene on windows, sweakers out dog toys all work but can all be either broken or left at home so for this reason i only use hand sqweaking. they way i do it is that i first lick the part of your palm where the index and middle finger all meet and make sure its reasonable wet with spit as this is what will make a seal with your lips. next wrap the 2 fingers round your mouth so at that your top lip rests on your index finger and your bottom lip is on your middle finger now pucker up and rest your finger tips on your cheak. now your hand is is ready start make the sort of noise you would do if you are blowing a kiss put keep the noise going by drawing air through your lips. once you are doing this lift your finger tips from your cheak by doing this you will be able to control the loudness and pitch of your sqweak and keep going until you are making a sound which seems right to you. once you have learnt to sqweak next come's nowing how to make the sqweak sound interesting to a fox. by this i mean you need to get a fox excited so dont just sit there with a long mono-tone sqweak think what noise you would make if you had just had your leg pulled off you wouldnt just sit there going arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh you would be histerical you would be going arrrh arrrh help help hellllllllllp **** **** **** no no arrrrrrrrrrrh arrrrrrrrrrrrh or so i would imadgine but what im trying to get at is that buy 2 or 3 short blasts then a long one 3 or 4 short blasts then 2 longer blasts of sqweaking is going to get the fox more interested and more excited and more likly to come in and investigate. finally the last thing you need to learn is how to read what the fox is doing, easyist way to explain this is that you wouldnt try and sqweak a fox that you have just missed as it runs off and in the same way you wouldnt try sqweaking a fox at 50yrds away as it will only get you in trouble so you have to learn when and where a sqweak will work and when and where not to use a sqweak but with practice and experince shooting foxes you will learn. i hope that you have been able to follow this post and i hope you can pick up a tip or two from how i sqweak

Get a call you will end up sucking a bit of dead fox off your hand when you get more than one or end up with ulsers the next day .But i have a call that is fail safe its a whistle of an old cooker kettle

Sweet wrappers, straighten a cellophane sweet wrapper, pull tightly between forefingers and thumbs of both hands with a gap of 3/4" then blow across edge of cellophane, it'll make the lips tingle a bit because of the vibrations, DON'T teach the Mrs or she'll be lost to you forever !!! ....callie

Last edited:
sqweaking foxes isnt a easy thing to master but you will get there and the options are endless widgeon whistles, deicated fox calls, electronic fox calls, polystirene on windows, sweakers out dog toys all work but can all be either broken or left at home so for this reason i only use hand sqweaking. they way i do it is that i first lick the part of your palm where the index and middle finger all meet and make sure its reasonable wet with spit as this is what will make a seal with your lips. next wrap the 2 fingers round your mouth so at that your top lip rests on your index finger and your bottom lip is on your middle finger now pucker up and rest your finger tips on your cheak. now your hand is is ready start make the sort of noise you would do if you are blowing a kiss put keep the noise going by drawing air through your lips. once you are doing this lift your finger tips from your cheak by doing this you will be able to control the loudness and pitch of your sqweak and keep going until you are making a sound which seems right to you. once you have learnt to sqweak next come's nowing how to make the sqweak sound interesting to a fox. by this i mean you need to get a fox excited so dont just sit there with a long mono-tone sqweak think what noise you would make if you had just had your leg pulled off you wouldnt just sit there going arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh you would be histerical you would be going arrrh arrrh help help hellllllllllp **** **** **** no no arrrrrrrrrrrh arrrrrrrrrrrrh or so i would imadgine but what im trying to get at is that buy 2 or 3 short blasts then a long one 3 or 4 short blasts then 2 longer blasts of sqweaking is going to get the fox more interested and more excited and more likly to come in and investigate. finally the last thing you need to learn is how to read what the fox is doing, easyist way to explain this is that you wouldnt try and sqweak a fox that you have just missed as it runs off and in the same way you wouldnt try sqweaking a fox at 50yrds away as it will only get you in trouble so you have to learn when and where a sqweak will work and when and where not to use a sqweak but with practice and experince shooting foxes you will learn. i hope that you have been able to follow this post and i hope you can pick up a tip or two from how i sqweak

That's a very good description and good advice too - true about the callers too...plus, the more gadgets and gizmo's you have the less sporting it is and the more hunting by numbers!

Do an exaggerated squeaky kiss to the open palm of your hand. The sort of kiss that maiden aunts used to give you at Christmas!

Or use polystyrene foam on a small flat piece of glass! Not something I'd do as I wouldn't be happy carrying the glass. But I have seen and heard it done.

Back