KENNEL BEDDING

wirehair

I USE BUILDERS BULK BAGS AS BEDDING IN THE DOGS KENNEL,GREAT STUFF ,FREE AND THEY CAN RIP THE SH!T OUT OF IT AND IT DOESNT MATTER,QUICK DRYING AS WELL.

Last tie I had a dog in a kennel I found that shredded paper was quite good. I had an endless supply of it and used to pile it up abut three feet deep in their sleeping quarters, and they loved it.

In fact I slept in it myself one time for a bit, just until my missus found me, I had been poisoned by some bad water. The stuff for the first bottle of whisky was OK but what we used for the second was obviously bad! :eek:

John

Some years ago I used to get bale sized compressed tea bag paper cuttings. It was great bedding, soft and warm. But it would stick to my cocker and it would get everywhere. Nowadays the old boy lives in and has a Duvet!! Tog11.5. :D

i use either vet bed or carpet
not long had the whole bungalow carpeted so good a good supply for a while :D ,
only draw back it cost me £200 for a bissel to keep the beds clean :cry:

i put straw in with mine in the winter and then when spring arrives they sleep on the boards.

Bavarian bedding

Wish I could find something that is Bavarian proof. Mine eats everything I put in the kennel.
:D My Bavarian sleeps on 3/4 inch marine ply which sits on top of 4 inches of kingspan insulation has lasted 4 years so far . THEY DONT NEED BEDDING but it is important that kennel is dry and they can sleep out of any drafts

In fact I slept in it myself one time for a bit, just until my missus found me, I had been poisoned by some bad water. The stuff for the first bottle of whisky :eek:
John
John, it serves you right! Water is used in the process of making whisky, it doesn't need any more added :rolleyes: Unless you were serving the cheap stuff, but even then, it's still heresy ;)

ft

:D My Bavarian sleeps on 3/4 inch marine ply which sits on top of 4 inches of kingspan insulation has lasted 4 years so far . THEY DONT NEED BEDDING but it is important that kennel is dry and they can sleep out of any drafts
Bet you don't sleep on marine ply, at a guess it would be a nice comfy mattress.

Mine sleep on 20mm ply over 50mm Jablite. Strange none of them complain. They are out all year and we have it down to -20 for up to 3 months of the year. they do grow a nice thick coat though.

www.prokennel.se

Anyone notice what a dog will do if it chooses to lay down whilst outdoors?, the dog usually circles about in a treading motion, as if to lay down the vegetation, is it possible for such a species to think about comfort?, I know if I lay down for much more than a few moments on a hard surface I would be looking to relocate!...........when offered the choice of a sunlit portion of concrete drive, or a sunlit blanket on the same surface, both my remaining dogs choose the blanket, if I see the dogs lay down where no soft surfacing is available this is to the sound of bones clunking as "elbows" & hocks meet the deck.

My Kennel is lined with 1" thick gym matting with aluminum sheets on the walls. The matting is the firm almost rubber like stuff. It has a little give for comfort and has great insulation properties. The door is an enlarged cat flap idea from http://www.thegrizzly.eu/eng/products-doorpanel.html because the makers K9 dog den would not ship to the U.K. I also have a bench lined with the mat for in the run.

Deer man...do you keep that grizzly house in a shaded spot or something? I'm just imagining the heat inside if the sun was shining down on it.

Back